33

The horse raced like the wind through the moonlit woods. The two riders looked tired. A man with black hair and blue eyes...His name was Merlin. The young woman held on to him tighter. Her long brown hair was windswept and her piercing brown hazel eyes glistened with tears. She closed her eyes as a small tear escaped and slid down her cheek. The night swallowed them....

                                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The same young woman now rode alone. Her eyes were frightened and she clung to her horse's black mane. She urged him on through the dark forest and looked over her shoulder at her hunters.
Seven Knights on horseback pursued her. An ancient power seemed to control them...
The Knights of Medhir....

                                               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The woman stood as still as she could. Her breath could be seen in the air as she his behind the tree, the snow beneath her boots crunched and she tried not to make a sound.
She listened to the voices and took a small look at the men gathered, not knowing she was there.
"Helios grows impatient. You still haven't obtained the plans" one said.
"I'm trying! These things take time" snapped another, obviously not part of the group.
The woman's eyes went wide.
'Plans..' she mouthed, and took a step forward.

                                               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A magnificent sword slipped from the girl's grasp. It fell as if in slow motion, as it hit the snow it made a sound like thunder.

                                               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The young woman lay on the ground in pain, her eyes wide with fear.
"MIRA!".
Suddenly a man jumped in front of her, yielding a sword. His blond hair and blue eyes could never be forgotten...
Arthur Pendragon...
He raised his sword, preparing to strike....

Morgana bolted upright. She was breathing heavily and cold sweat trickled down the back of her neck. She touched her healing bracelet carefully...it usually stopped dreams....

"Morgana?" asked Morgause,"Are you alright?".

Morgana looked up at her sister who sat beside her on the bed. She remembered the once powerful, beautiful High Priestess of the Old Religion. Now an ugly scar covered half of her face, a constant reminder of their failure to take Camelot. Every day Morgause grew weaker.

"I...I had another dream" Morgana murmured.

"About?"

"Well, it went from different places. But, each image had a woman, I've never seen her before. But Arthur and Merlin were both in the dream"

"Arthur and Merlin?"

"Only for a moment...but, do you think this girl means anything?"

"Sometimes the power of your healing bracelet cannot hide everything. Some prophesies are as clear as cut glass, some are shrouded in mist. But your power is strong Morgana, we cannot ignore this"

——————————————————————————                     

"My Lady Morgana, my Lady Morgause" greeted Agravaine,"I received your message and came as quickly as I could, what is the matter?"

"Yes, we were both, well I was interested in someone" started Morgana,"A young woman, I believe she might be in Camelot"

"Does she have a name? What does she look like?"