31

Mira's p.o.v

I walked along the corridor by myself after nightfall. I couldn't stand it! I couldn't stop thinking about Arthur!

A few days ago he'd.... He'd kissed me.....

We'd barely talked since, Gwaine had been so worried when he'd found us, apparently he'd only collapsed. Arthur and I hadn't been able to talk, and he's been dealing with the court and his Uncle. I hadn't met Lord Agravaine. I kept thinking: What if he thought it was a mistake? Did he just get caught up in the moment? I tried pushing the thoughts from my mind but it was no use. It was all I'd been thinking about since it happened.

When he'd kissed me...it was amazing. It made my heart ache just thinking about it.

That's when I nearly walked into a door. I stopped short and sighed, I opened it and walked through; I aimlessly wandered around, finally walking on to a corridor. Then I saw him....Arthur. My heart jumped ten feet but I saw that he was with someone, before checking who it was I spun around to go.

Please don't see me, I thought, please don't see me.

Well, I would have wanted him to notice if he was on his own.

"Lady Mira!".

Hearing him after what seemed like forever since we'd last talked made my heart leap and cry at the same time. I turned. "My Lord".

He walked up with the other person, his eyes locked with mine for a moment and I felt my cheeks grow hot, I quickly looked at the other man. He was tall, with jet black hair, his clothes were also black and his eyes were cold but a second later he smiled.

Arthur caught my attention. "Mira, may I introduce my Uncle? Lord Agravaine"

I smiled amd curtsied as he kissed my hand. "I have heard a lot about you" I stated. He laughed kindly.

"Uncle, this is Lady Mira, she is Sir Gwaine's Ward" he continued.

"I have also heard much about you my Lady" Agravaine commented. I must have looked puzzled because he went on. "The People and the Knights speak highly of you".

I blushed. The People spoke highly of me? I never even thought they knew I existed, I only helped out a few times, gave them food and provisions.

"Oh" I managed, then tried to recover myself,"How are you finding Camelot?".

"I like it very much, thank you".

I glanced at Arthur. Suddenly I felt the urge to run away, every feeling I'd had since the kiss flooded into me. Arthur and I could never be together, nothing could ever happen between us. Everything in the world prevented it. "Please, you must excuse me" I said managing a smile.

Agravaine nodded,"It was a pleasure meeting you, my Lady".

"Likewise" I replied. I curtsied and said to Arthur,"My Lord".

He bowed his head, a bit of uncertainty in his eyes.

Then I calmly walked past them. I heard Arthur murmur something to Agravaine when I was halfway down the hall, it sounded like:"One moment Agravaine". I heard rushed footsteps behind me and I turned the corner just as the Prince caught up with me. 

"Mira" he said softly. I turned around to face him. He looked around, nobody was there, and then pulled me more away from the edge of the corner so we were definitely out of Agravaine's sight and earshot.

When he looked at me he'd lost all masks, he just looked like himself except sad. I felt my heart break. I knew what he was going to say.

"Arthur-".

He cut me off. "Mira, about what happened the other day...in the forest". I looked at him waiting for him to continue. "I...I don't know how to explain..." he whispered.

I managed a weak smile for his sake. "I understand, you don't have to".

"Wait! Mira I-" Arthur seemed to stop himself, then said softly,"I'm not sure others would understand".

I nodded, swallowing hard. It was what I'd feared....

A look of pleading crossed his face. "Could we talk, I mean not here. I'll contact you, so we can meet".

"Of course" I whispered, trying to mask the sadness in her voice.

He nodded. "Mira-".

"I'll let you go back to Lord Agravaine" I replied, cutting him off slightly, only because I felt in danger of showing how sad I was.

I curtsied and turned away before he could stop me.

——————————————————————————

Arthur's p.o.v

When Mira left I was about to go after her, then Agravaine called me. I hesitated, I desperately wanted to go after her but I heard my Uncle coming so I walked back to meet him. "Sorry, I was asking about Gwaine" I apologised. Agravaine nodded.

"Lady Mira seems very nice. Has she been in Camelot long?" he asked as we walked along. His tone was a little too light if you ask me.

"Nearly a year now, I'd say".

"Is she spoken for?" Agravaine asked. I felt a surge of jealousy, he'd said it casually but I knew he wanted to know. Mira was beautiful, I knew that! I wanted to say: "Well if I had my way then she would be. To me". But I didn't say that. I cleared my throat awkwardy. "I don't think so".

"Oh" he said, he sounded surprised. I wasn't sure whether that was good or bad.

Agravaine started talking about something but I couldn't concentrate. I couldn't stop thinking about Mira. I needed to talk to her, she'd looked so...almost sad but trying to cover it up, when I'd talked to her.

I'd made a complete mess and I needed to fix it.