huit

this chapter is double the length of a regular chapter (in order to make up for chapter sept), also the next few chapters are pretty important so make sure you don't skip it!)

[felix pov]

some time had passed, and dr. han had left to continue his regular shenanigans around the hospital.

before he left, he told us that the surgery was most likely going to be tonight, as the donor was in a critical state.

it felt weird knowing i was going to have someone else's organ inside of me, someone else's heart will be beating where mine should be.

it was an odd thing to think about, but it was true.

hyunjin sat on the end of my bed, watching tv.

"...so, how's it feel?" he turned away from the tv, now facing me.

"how does what feel?" i asked the elder.

he chuckled lightly, "you know- this." he waved his hands around the room, "it's probably going to be your last night here, ever. do you even understand how big this is?"

i scoffed, "pfft- you're asking ME if I know how big this is? of course i do! i've been hospitalised for ages! you have no idea how excited i am."

hyunjin smiled, taking a deep breath, "you know, if i was in your position, i'd be getting really emotional, but you never get emotional."

"yeah, well. i'm just not an emotional guy. but, when i do cry, it's bad." i responded.

hyunjin placed his hands on his hips, he then began stretching, letting out a massive yawn.

oh no.

whenever he does this, it means he's about to educate you on something and act like he knows everything about it.

he then began to speak, "you know, felix. it's okay to cry, bottling up your emotions isn't good for your mental state-" i shut the blueberry head up by placing my index finger on his lips, causing him to frown.

"i don't need one of your pep talks right now, they always sound condescending." i gave the nurse a sarcastic smile in order to mock him.

"but you know, i'll probably cry of joy once the surgery's over, so there you go, my lovely little mental state will be 'fixed' or whatever you said." i rolled my eyes at him and continued watching the tv.

hyunjin just smiled and did the same.

as the hours passed, i felt myself getting more and more ready to leave this damned hospital.

it was now the evening, time for my surgery.

but there was an issue, hyunjin had to go home due to a family emergency, which meant he wasn't going to see me after my surgery.

hyunjin wasn't allowed to have my phone number due to the rules at his nursing school, he could not have those sort of bonds with his patients.

which also meant it would be the last time i'd ever see him.

i looked at the blue-haired boy as he put on his jacket and zipped it up, he tucked a longer piece of his hair behind his ear, making the piercing half-way up his cartilage visible.

i think for the first time ever, i was actually admiring his beauty.

now that i knew his real intentions - which was to care for me - i could actually appreciate how great of a guy he was.

i glared at him as he put his bag on, i felt a something grow in my stomach.

was this... butterflies...?