trente-cinq

[felix pov]

my eyes fluttered open as i let out a loud, long yawn. i slowly used my arms to sit myself up, looking at the clock on my bedside table to check the time:

12:43pm

i looked around the room, and there was no sign of hyunjin.

maybe he wasn't back yet.

however, he should be. because he always brings me lunch at 12pm on the dot, but in-front of me was no food.

i scratched my head, confused. although i was willing to look on the bright side and accept that hyunjin was probably just socialising with someone that wasn't me for once.

so, i gave it an hour.

1:45pm, no sign of him.

and another,

2:45pm, still no sign.

and another more hour,

3:46pm, no pretty nurse in sight.

now, i was starting to get concerned. i was hungry and my stomach was growling at me like a wolf.

so, i pressed the buzzer to see if dr. han would come running in to either give me my lunch or an explanation as to where my boyfriend was.

but, no squirrel appeared.

i pressed it again.

and again.

and a few more times.

still no answer.

"DR. HANNNN!" i called, "I NEED TO EAT FOOD SO THAT I CAN HAVE MY MEDICATION!"

ah yes, my medication. you see, i've been having it for a few weeks now, and it's pretty much part of my system now. but the problem is; if i stop taking it for even just a day, it could ruin everything for me. my health, my happiness, my appetite etc.

i couldn't live without my daily dosage.

a lack of the nurse or the doctor meant that i couldn't have my medication or any food. and with either of them coming to help me, i was left with just one option; to call chris.

so i did, and i asked him to come over with some food.

"alright felix... so where's this medication you need to take?" chris asked politely.

"it's usually in that draw down there..." i replied.

"it's got a lock on it, do you know what the code is?" he looked up at me.

i shook my head, "...oh yeah... he put that on there so that i wouldn't try to overdose or something... try my birthday???"

he fiddled with the draw for a moment, trying all possible combinations for the password.

"nothing's working, i'll try to break it." he stated, holding up his elbow.

"careful chris-" i was cut off when he suddenly started to hit the front of the draw hardly, however, no damage was being done.

the wolf-like man scoffed, "why is this sh!t so solid! it's impossible to break!" he paused, "where's dr. han? surely he knows how to open this thing, right? also where the fvck is hyunjin? at first i thought he was just on break but he hasn't been here since i arrived!"

i frowned, "i don't think either of them are in work today... i haven't seen them today."

he raised an eyebrow, "hyunjin not being in work? are you kidding me right now? this guy is your nurse! he wouldn't just not show up to work without telling you beforehand."