quarante

[hyunjin pov]

it was now the next day. and i had just arrived at the intensive care unit.

since i was no longer his nurse anymore, i couldn't stay overnight in the hospital to accompany him.

after chris had left last night, he was obviously in a bad state. so i tried my best to comfort him over text. however, it didn't work as well as i wanted it to.

i sat down next to felix's bed and took a quick look at the boy who was in the same lifeless position he was in yesterday, he hadn't moved one bit.

"agh, you're such an idiot lee felix."

i moved my hand towards his and held it tightly. although, it was like holding hands with a doll - he was cold and unresponsive.

"felix... why won't you just wake up healthy?"

"please move felix."

"just a muscle, that's all i need."

"make a sound, just one."

"a mumble or a groan, anything!"

"show me you've still got life in you felix!"

i sighed at the lack of response, "who am i gonna talk to if you're just gonna sleep all day?"

i rolled my eyes, as i moved a bit closer to the bed, now taking a good look at my sick boyfriend below me.

i felt a lump grow in my throat as i tried to push it away. i began to tear up.

"what happened to you yongbok?..."

a tear rolled down my cheek.

"...i don't even recognise you anymore!"

i stood up.

"answer me yongbok!"

i started to feel the agony hit me.

"ANSWER ME NOW!" i screamed.

at this point, my face was now soaked with tears as i tried to hold back my hurt.

"WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITHOUT YOU?!?! I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE!"

i crawed onto the bed and laid on top of felix, hugging his frail body tightly.

"WAKE UP! PLEASE!"

i sobbed into his chest.

for a long time.

hours maybe.

until i felt my eyes get heavy as i fell asleep on the boy.

a few hours later i felt someone manically tap my shoulder.

my eyes flickered open as i adjusted to the bright lighting in the room.

it was dr. han.

"hyunjin... you can't sleep on the patient, especially when he's in this condition..." he said awkwardly.

i slowly sat up, wiping my eyes with my hands.

"dr. han, can i look through some of your records."

"...why?"

"fun fact, i was actually born in this very hospital. they'll know what my blood type is."

"you don't know your blood type?"

"no, i was never really told."

"alright... follow me then."

for a little while, i followed dr. han to a different floor, where there was a separate room full of draws and other things.