vingt-quatre

[felix pov]

3 days had passed, and i was still extremely sick, i kept puking out all of the food that i had ate, so i could now only eat food that was mushed up.

and that made me feel terrible, like i was a vulnerable old person who couldn't even feed themselves.

what annoyed me most is that hyunjin still hadn't brought up the fact that us two had kissed a few days earlier. i had tried multiple times to talk about it, but he would constantly cut me off by saying something like "someone's calling me" or "i think someone's saying my name outside, i better go check"

today, i was fed up with his bullshit.

i wanted answers.

the elder was sat on the end of my bed, reading manga.

"hyunjin, put down your manga now." i spoke.

he looked confused, "...why?"

"you heard me, do it." i demanded.

he followed my order and slowly put down his manga.

"now, i want you to tell me. why haven't we talked about the fact that we literally kissed each other a few days ago yet?..."

hyunjin stood up and began making his way towards the door, "i think i've got a staff meeting now, i should go-" "NO!" i shouted, grabbing onto his wrist, which pulled him back slightly.

he tried to shake my hand off, but i was gripping on too tightly.

he looked back at me in desperation to escape the situation, as i made direct eye contact with him.

"are you ashamed of it?"

"...no..."

"do you regret it?"

"n-no! of course not!"

"did you hate it?"

"where are you getting this information from, felix?!?!"

i frowned, "maybe because you have been ignoring me and shutting me out whenever i've tried to address it for the past 4 days!"

he let out a sigh, as he slowly sat on the side of my bed, causing me to release him from my grip.

"... it's just, weird to talk about. i don't want to bring it up..."

"why not?"

"don't you get it?..."

"get what...?"

"i'm your nurse! y-you're my patient! and we kissed!"

my eyebrow raised in confusion, "...your point is?"

"we... we can't be having a relationship like that!"

i froze.

"i'm sorry felix... but i'm sure you understand..."

"i really don't...." i responded.

we just sat there in silence for a moment.

i spoke up, "hyunjin, you were my first kiss! do you even know how special it was to me?" i paused, "... are you saying that we're just friends? after EVERYTHING we've been through? after all the hints i gave you?..."

i could see the guilt hit the nurse, "...kinda, yeah... "

i rolled my eyes, "then, why'd you let me do it?" i asked.

"wha-" "if you really don't think that we could be anything more than friends, then why did you let me kiss you? and why did you kiss me back?..."

"because it..."