quatre

[felix pov]

2 days had passed, and the nurse was still annoying as ever.

however, he did buy me a new hoodie and some shorts. i was glad that he did, but i didn't want to show it, so i never wore them around him.

i decided to go to the vending machine more often so that i wouldn't have to see his pretty little face all the time.

once i had gotten my desired snack, i held it in my hand as i slowly made my way back to the hospital room.

there was a loud noise coming from my room, it sounded like a vacuum.

i raised my eyebrow in confusion as i opened the door.

inside, nurse hwang was vacuuming the floor with headphones on.

i looked at the ferret in disgust.

"OI DICKHEAD, NURSE HWANG!" i shouted, but he didn't hear me.

"FUCK FACE, TURN IT OFF!" i tried again.

he just continued to nod his head to the music.

i groaned as i stomped towards the power outlet, grabbing the wire connecting it with the hoover, as i ripped it out.

i looked at the nurse, but he still didn't react. he didn't even notice that i had unplugged the vacuum.

so he continued to 'vacuum' the floor, loud music blasting in his ears.

i glared at the man for even longer, i decided not to tell him that the vacuum was turned off.

i felt a small smile grow on my face, as i watched the ferret embarrassingly vacuum nothing.

it was kinda cute.

however, i didn't just want to use him for my enjoyment anymore, so i grabbed his headphones and yanked them off his head.

the elder looked at me, "hey, why'd you do that?-" he then realised.

"wait- is the vacuum not on?..." he spoke, confused.

i pointed at the power outlet, "you were being too loud, so i shut you up myself."

nurse hwang just looked at me and laughed, "oh- i'm sorry, i just wanted to clean your room."

i frowned, "why though, is it not clean enough?"

he smiled at me, a caring look on his face.

"it just makes your room look nicer, that's all." he spoke.

i looked around my room, it definitely did look nicer than before.

the floor looked so clean i wanted to just lie down on it. as well as that, my bed had been made for me.

i rolled my eyes as i moved towards the bathroom, i was shocked when i realised it had been cleaned also.

everything in the bathroom was extremely clean and shining, which caused me to let out a gasp.

"not bad huh?" the nurse leaned on the wall and crossed his arms, proud of his work.

i turned my head towards the blue-haired male, then scoffed at him.

"you didn't have to do this you know, i don't even know why you bothered..." i spoke as nurse hwang let out another light chuckle.

"i'm just trying to make your life more pleasant mr. lee." his smile faded, he just had a neutral expression on his face.

"...well try harder." i slammed the bathroom door on my face as i walked to the sink.

i heard the elder sigh from outside the door, i felt kinda bad for being so mean to him even though he had just cleaned my entire hospital room.

but i didn't care.

i gazed into the now extremely clean mirror, it made me look even more handsome than usual.

"i'll say thank you for all of this once you pass my test, hwang hyunjin..." i spoke to the mirror, smirking.

an hour had passed, and i was starting to get hungry.

i sat in my bed, waiting for the nurse to arrive with my food.

as expected, nurse hwang walked into the room with a brown tray in his hand.

he placed it on my lap carefully. on the tray, there was a bowl of plain, hot ramen with an egg on the side. it had two chopsticks placed in it. the flavour packet and the soy sauce was next to the bowl, unopened.

"i didn't know how you liked your ramen, so i just felt as if it would be better if i let you do the flavouring instead of me." he smiled, sitting down next to my bed.

"mhm. whatever." i just replied, trying to act like i didn't care about the food in front of me, but in secret i was really grateful.

he picked up the speaker from my bed side table and looked at me, "mind i play some music?" he asked.

i slurped up a noodle, "knock yourself out, i don't care."

he grinned as he connected the speaker to his phone. he then played a song that i recognised.

s-class by stray kids (this song is SO good)

i almost dropped the bowl of ramen once i had heard the song he was playing, "hold on, YOU listen to stray kids???"

the ferret looked confused, "of course i do, i've always been a big fan." he smiled at me.

i had no idea that my nurse was into k-pop, especially stray kids who were my all time favourites.

"jeez, really? i thought you listened to classical music or some shit like that..." i scoffed.

"hah, a lot of people say that. but no, i'm a massive STAY." he responded.

the fuckface and i actually had more in common then i thought.

we were both artistic, we were basically the same age, we both liked eating toast, and we also both loved stray kids.

"oi, hwang." i spoke up.

"yes, mr. lee?" he replied.

"my cousin is coming here to visit in a few days, so can you promise me one thing?"

"...yeah, what is it."

"please don't act weird and embarrass me like you always do."

nurse hwang was surprised. "why would i embarrass you? i'm not an embarrassing person- right?" he seemed sort of hurt.

"i mean, you were vacuuming the floor whilst the vacuum wasn't even on, that's pretty embarrassing." i rolled my eyes.

he chuckled lightly, still slightly saddened by what i had said, "...i'll try not to make a fool of myself in front of your cousin, mr. lee."

i continued eating my ramen, "that's good to hear."