vingt-trois

[felix pov]

it was now the next day. hyunjin was just scrolling on his phone while i sat up in my bed.

i wanted to talk to him about the kissing situation 2 days ago, as neither of us had addressed it.

although, it was a pretty big moment, so why wouldn't bring it up?

maybe he's trying to act like it never happened.

"...hyunjin," i spoke up.

"yes, felix?" he responded.

"can we talk?"

"about what?"

"about what happened 2 days ago?"

hyunjin paused, "...what do you mean?"

"...oh come on... you know what i mean? right-" i was interrupted by a loud sneeze coming from the nurse.

"sheesh, i better go get some tissue." he stood up and jogged to the bathroom.

i nodded in response.

once he had gotten back, i tried to bring it up again.

"so... where were we-" "i think we were talking about dr. han's latest checkup, right?" he interrupted me again.

i just sat there in confusion, "...uh, no..."

hyunjin new exactly what i was doing, but he obviously didn't want to talk about it.

he looked like he was lost in thought for a moment, but then spoke up, "then i'm not sure what we were talking about... guess my memory isn't too good."

i know he remembered, so i just gave up.

but then i tried to bring it up again an hour later.

i had just gotten out from the shower, and hyunjin was now drying me with a towel.

"hyunjin, could you pass me my lip balm please? it's on my bedside table." i asked.

the blueberry head nodded, walking towards my bedside table.

"there's nothing here." he responded.

"ahh, that sucks... but my lips just feel so dry..." i pouted.

hyunjin just let out a small chuckled as he scruffed up my blonde hair with the towel.

"hey, i have an idea. do you think i could borrow your lip balm?" i smiled at the elder.

he hesitated for a moment, blinking rapidly, "...sure..." he slowly moved his hand into his pocket, pulling the lip balm out and cautiously giving it to me.

i took the cap off and began to swirl my lips on it.

i smirked, "doesn't this remind you of something, hyunjin?"

the nurse continued his act, looking confused, "...no..."

"are you sure..? because my lips feel really soft now-" i was interrupted by a buzzer coming from another room.

"was that a buzzer? looks like a patient might need some help!" before even looking back at me, he rushed towards the door.

"what- you aren't meant to respond to buzzers,
that's dr. han's job! hyunjin wait!-" the door slammed behind him as he left.

it was just impossible to try and address it.

so i tried again, and again.

eventually, it was 10pm at night and hyunjin was laying on his floor mattress, trying to get to sleep.

and of course, i was not tired at all.

hyunjin was probably tired of how many times i had tried to bring up the new years kiss.

i looked over at the blueberry head, "are you not uncomfortable sleeping on that thing every night?"

"yeah, but i just sleep here so that i'm right next to you if anything happens or if you needed me." he responded.

i frowned, "you know, there's nothing stopping you from sleeping in this bed with me."

hyunjin froze.

"just come up here already..." i smiled.

"i appreciate the offer, but i'll pass, thanks." he replied.

i felt sort of, offended?

"i would try to tell convince you, but you already know how comfortable it is, don't you hyunjin? do you remember it?"

he just ignored me.

"if you remember that, then you should remember anything else that happened that night also."

"...i apologise, but i don't recall." a soft voice replied.

why was he so desperate to not talk about the kiss? did he not like it?

"i bet you'd like to do it again, right? you know, maybe we could even do more this time~" i attempted to tease the elder.

there was still no response.

"i know you're picturing it right now, you are, aren't you? i didn't know you were so dirty minded..." i bit my lip, "i'll let it happen then, all your fantasies, right here right now. do whatever you want to me!"

i lied in bed, waiting for a response, "hyunjin, i'm ready, and i'm waiting." 

it was silent.

"hello, hyunjinnnn~"

nothing.

"oi, hwanggg hyunjinnnn"

...

"hyunjin?"

i rolled my eyes, moving my head to the side to see why the blueberry head wasn't saying anything in return.

and then i realised.

he was fast asleep.

i slapped myself in embarrassment.

"jesus christ, you dumbass bitch hyunjin... you had the chance and you fucked it up... all that just for you to fall asleep..." i frowned.

i stared up at the ceiling, "whatever..."

this really was going to be harder than i thought it would be.