vingt-et-un

[hyunjin pov]

"...is it okay if i sit next to you...?" i asked the freckled male.

he just nodded, still flabbergasted at the room.

he moved over slightly as i sat down. we were now both sitting against the headrest of the bed, our arms touching.

"so...felix, can we talk about it now..?" i spoke up.

"yeah..."

"why did you shout at me yesterday?"

"it... it was because of something i had spoken with the therapist about..."

"okay.. what was it?"

felix froze for a moment, not knowing what to say.

"i was just..." he paused, "...annoyed that you didn't tell you had a girlfriend..."

my eyebrow shot up in confusion.

what was he talking about?

"g-girlfriend? i don't have a girlfriend?" i was extremely discombobulated, and so was the blonde.

"then who is bora?"

i looked at felix for a second, "are you being serious right now?"

"wha-" "bora is my aunt!" i started to chuckle.

did this guy really think i had a girlfriend?

i mean look at me, why would i like girls?

can he not tell by the way i act with him?

felix looked at me as if he had just seen a ghost.

"so, let me get this straight. you were mad at me because you thought i had a girlfriend???"

he began to chuckle also, "...yeah, i'm sorry, it was stupid of me..."

"felix i- i'm not... you know...i don't..." i paused, felix looked at me confused.

"...you know....?" i added.

he just blankly stared at me. he didn't catch on to what i was trying to say.

i just wanted to straight up tell him that i wasn't attracted to women, but i couldn't.

"...forget it." i gave up, as i felt something on my shoulder.

felix had moved his head, to where he was now leaning on me.

we both remained silent for a couple of seconds, just taking in the moment.

"even if i had a girlfriend... why would it have mattered so much to you?" i asked the aussie.

he hesitated for a second, but then shrugged, "i guess i just... would've felt like... i dunno..."

i chuckled lightly, "i see..."

but in reality, i didn't see. the boy obviously liked me but i was just too oblivious (literally me irl).

"what's the time?" he spoke up.

i looked at my phone.

11:58pm, 31st december.

"11:58." i responded.

"ooh, exactly 5 minutes until the fireworks start! is there anything you'd like to say to me before the year ends?" felix looked at me.

i shrugged, "not really, except..." i paused, "i'm pregnant."

he looked at me blankly for a second, when we both burst out laughing.