dix-sept

[felix pov]

yesterday, my health had mostly remained the same, thankfully i hadn't gotten any worse. but at the same time, i hadn't gotten any better no matter how much i would eat or drink.

it was now the 30th of december.

it was the morning, and me and hyunjin were discussing about what we'd like to do for new years.

although we didn't have many plans as it's not like i could go out or anything.

"so.. you want to watch the fireworks from your bedroom. that's nice." hyunjin smiled at me, sitting on the end of the bed.

"it's not like i could do anything better..." i muttered.

"i'm sure you've have fun though, fireworks are beautiful-" "wait..." i cut him off.

"you're going to be here for new years, right...?" i asked the ferret.

he looked at me for a second, then began scratching his neck.

"i... uh...." he paused, "i'm actually going to a party... but i'll try to get back here at about 2am maybe...?"

i stared at hin, a blank expression on my face.

i released a sigh, "you weren't here for christmas and you won't be here for new years either..." i frowned.

"i'm sorry felix, i really am, i promise i'll make it up to you next time-" "what if there is no next time." i interrupted the blueberry head.

"...huh?" he responded.

i tilted my head to the side and flung my arms up, "look at me, hyunjin."

"look at me and tell me i've still got it in me to last another few months." i added.

hyunjin frowned, "oh don't say that felix... we don't need to have this conversation again..."

i just rolled my eyes, "then why not just stay here?" i pouted.

"because..." he started, "i always go to new years parties, it's just something i do. it's like tradition."

i scoffed, "tradition my ass..." i crossed my arms in annoyance.

we both stayed in silence for a moment, until i decided to speak up again.

"please.. spend it with me." he spoke softly.

i didn't say anything, not knowing whether to just give in or not.

"please, i'll make it fun for you, i promise." i looked at the nurse with puppy eyes as he locked eyes with me.

and that's when an idea popped up in his head.

"alright then, i'll spend new years with you." he smiled.

i felt a huge grin appear on my face, "i'm glad to hear that!" i spoke, enthusiasm in my voice.

the door then sprung open.

dr. han rushed into the room.

we both turned to the squirrel, wondering what he wanted to desperately tell us now.

"felix, you know how a few weeks ago you told me you wanted to start seeing a therapist right?" he asked.

"yes, i do." i replied.

"well, we've finally got you a space, and the therapist said he's ready to talk to you finally." he smiled.

hyunjin looked at me, while i continued to glare at the nurse.

"that's great." i spoke. "it is! and what's even better is that he's available now! your session is in approximately..." the doctor looked at his watch, "20 minutes. i'll come back here with a wheelchair before then so that i can take you." dr. han bowed, exiting the room.

hyunjin smiled, "that's amazing felix, i didn't know you needed a therapist though."

"i mean, i don't need one as much anymore, it was really before you became my nurse. i was so lonely and struggled so much because i had nobody to talk to." i replied.

hyunjin's heart went warm as a result of me saying that.

"i did have dr. han though, he helped me a lot." i added.

hyunjin smiled, "ah well, that's good."

[hyunjin pov]

we continued talking for about 20 minutes, until dr. han came in to take felix to his therapy session.

i said goodbye and was then left alone, but that gave me some time to myself.

earlier, when the freckled australian begged me to stay with him for new years, an idea had popped up in my head.

if we couldn't go to a party on new years, i would bring the party to us.

before me and felix had met, when dr. han was leading me to his room, he told me all about the things felix had never experienced that he wished he could. one of those things being a party. meaning, this was just the perfect opportunity for me.

i could go to the store, buy some things, then decorate the hospital room tomorrow in time for the new year.

it just depended on how if felix was leaving his room at all tomorrow, because i wanted the party to be a surprise.

i put on my jacket and left the hospital, making my way towards the local store.

as i walked in, there was a massive blue banner reading 'SALE: 15% off on all items until january 5th, happy new year!'. there were counters to the left of me, a constant beeping sound coming from where workers were scanning people's items.

in front of me were multiple different aisles, so i just walked into one hoping it would be the right place to find party items. however, it wasn't - there were just video game gift cards and legos on the shelves. i wasn't exactly sure where to find my desired items.

i stood there in confusion as a man in a blue polo shirt and black trousers tapped my shoulder, "excuse me sir, do you need some help?"

i turned my head towards the man, he had a name tag on his shirt that said "yang jeongin" .

"uh... yes please. do you know where i can find party items?" i smiled.

the worker nodded and began leading me to a different aisle.

i looked around, this was definitely the right place. it had banners and balloons, as well as bright red cups and party hats.

the worker looked at me, "so, you throwing a party for new years tomorrow night?"

"...yeah, it's just a small one though." i smiled.

"oooh, i like your style. who you spending it with?" the fox look-a-like asked.

i hesitated for a moment.

"just a um.. a friend." i replied.

the worker smirked at me and then started giggling, "you seem a bit unsure..."

i just said nothing in response.

"quick tip, don't get too drunk or you'll wake up in your friends bed the next morning, talking from experience by the way..." the fox winked at me.

i just stood there and laughed awkwardly, "...yeah... i'll definitely try to avoid that..."

alcohol wasn't even allowed in the hospital lol...

once i had picked a few things to buy, i took them to the counter and paid.

i left the store, holding 4 bags full of items as i began to make my way back to the hospital.