Chapter 6

0000000000000000000

            Hey, picture of Thato ---> nothing more to say. Just enjoy, vote comment, fan n all that jazz!!!! Mwa love ya n again thanks for being patient.

                                                                                                            0000000000000000000000

CHAPTER 6

“So let me get this straight… you are marrying this guy in a month’s time even though you know you don’t love him? I mean why would you do that though Aur? Don’t you want to experience love? Be happy for the rest of your life? Don’t you want to love your husband??”

“Uhm… Yeah… Well that’s not how it is uh- love… Uhm look, he is practically perfect, every woman would want to be with him Kirst. I don’t want to miss the opportunity of trying building a solid life rather than wait for something that will never be mine.”

As soon as I said that I mentally back-handed myself; I had practically outed myself and I knew Kirsty would catch on it. She always read into the little signs most people tend to miss.

“Wait, so you think you can’t have love? Why, is there someone else you love but can’t have Aur? Is that how you know you don’t love this ‘Thato’ guy??” Kirsty asked me while I could see her working it out then she perked up and widened her eyes at the realization.

“Who is it?? Tell me everything! Why the hell do I not know about this?! Are you conspiring to kick me out of your life? I mean firstly I have to literally hunt you down in this HUGE city so you can tell me about this random fiancé of yours and now I find out you didn’t even tell me about a guy you met and now love! O.M.G! Like do you hate me now? Like—”

“—Wohh Wohh Wohh!! Easy on the hyper active brain there, Energizer Bunny!!” I cut her off, also straightening up as I shifted my line of vision away from the bright setting sun that looked like it was dancing on the ocean water in the distance.

It was a Sunday evening and we were lounging in a multi-pillowed gazebo at our beach club, watching the sunset with a couple of cocktails. I had just told Kirsty that after the past two weeks I hadn’t grown in love with Thato, nor had I NOT-not grown in love with him. Things were just okay; I still felt attracted to him and we had no problems so I had decided to just go ahead with the marriage. We had even set up a meeting with both our parents for the next Sunday so the wedding negotiations could start. Kirsty was not impressed with me though, she hadn’t met ‘the groom’ yet and she didn’t appreciate the fact that she was going to be the Maid of Honor at her best friend’s wedding where she didn’t know the man she was marrying. Valid point.

I sighed and took a deep breath. I never told Kirsty about my meeting Tristan almost 3 months ago. I guess it just scared me to remember that he was real and out there somewhere and telling her was going to be the stamp on the fact that I can never have him. I also didn’t want her to know that I had fallen in love with someone else’s man or that he actually had kids, more so that deep down inside, all that didn’t matter to me. I wanted him, regardless of how many children he had. Had I stayed in that hospital room one more second on that day; all my morals would have flown out the window. I didn’t want to disappoint my parents and bestfriend…

“Look… I never told you this because I figured it would go away. But because I felt it and can never erase the memory of it, I can’t ignore that it’s there and—”

“Wait… you’re not hitting on me are you????” she said wide eyed.

I burst out into fits of laughter! Trust Kirsty to take things in her own little twisted direction!