PROLOGUE

A Symphony of Ruin

In the crucible of 1914, a tempest known as the "First World War" engulfed more than 65 million souls, both human and Anthro, in a cataclysmic dance of conflict. Over 30 nations, their destinies intertwined in a web of alliances, participated in this Hellish Conflict that claimed the lives of 16 million. Amidst the unprecedented scale of destruction, the First World War was not only characterized by the staggering loss of life but also marked by the profound societal transformations that ensued. The tempest of 1914 ushered in an era of technological innovation and industrial warfare, introducing devastating weapons that forever altered the nature of conflict.

As the clash unfolded, humans and Anthros experienced the brutality of new weaponry, including tanks, machine guns, and chemical warfare. The landscape of battlefields transformed into a surreal and apocalyptic realm, where the cacophony of artillery bombardments and the stench of gas attacks pervaded the air. The war machines of the era churned relentlessly, leaving scars on the earth and the collective psyche of those who bore witness.

For Anthros, whose unique abilities had once been celebrated as symbols of diversity and strength, the war posed a bitter irony. Forced into roles where their innate talents were manipulated for destructive purposes, Anthros became both instruments and victims of the conflict. Their participation added an unsettling dimension to the already grim tableau of war, blurring the lines between the natural world and the manufactured horrors of the battlefield.

The global scope of the conflict meant that every corner of the world felt the reverberations of war. From the Western Front in Europe to the Eastern Front, the Middle East, and the far reaches of Asia, communities were uprooted, cultures collided, and lives were forever changed. The war became a crucible not only for those who fought on the front lines but also for civilians caught in the crossfire, enduring hardships, displacement, and loss.

In its aftermath, a naive hope whispered through the wind – a belief that this was humanity's final war.

As the embers of the First World War still smoldered, hope appeared fragile against the relentless tide of history. From the ashes, a malevolent figure, driven by unbridled determination and a venomous hatred for the world, rose to power. This tyrant birthed a regime that would cast the globe into the abyss of "The Second World War." Flames of destruction devoured the earth, and only the blood of over 80 million souls, both human and Anthro, could quench the inferno.

The Second World War unfolded with a ghastly familiarity, as over 30 nations once again became entangled in a web of conflict. The tyrannical regime exploited the divisions sown by the aftermath of the First World War, manipulating geopolitical tensions and societal fractures to plunge the world into a new era of brutality.

In this harrowing conflict, Anthros found themselves coerced into a tragic role. Forced to fight on both sides of the war, their unique abilities were pitted against each other in all theaters of conflict. The once-diverse and vibrant Anthro communities were torn asunder, their strengths and talents turned into instruments of destruction against their own kind.

Anthro soldiers, once celebrated for their diversity, were now thrust into a nightmarish reality where they were forced to kill their fellow Anthros in the service of opposing ideologies. The war machines that had wreaked havoc in the previous conflict now harnessed the strengths of Anthros for their destructive potential, perpetuating a cycle of suffering and betrayal.

The bloodshed of The Second World War knew no bounds. Battles raged across continents, leaving a trail of devastation in their wake. The horrors of the Holocaust, the firebombing of cities, and the unforgiving brutality of the Eastern Front created a tableau of unimaginable suffering. The war's impact reached far beyond the battlefield, affecting civilians, families, and entire societies as they grappled with the consequences of a conflict that seemed insatiable in its appetite for destruction.