Episode 1: The New Vanguard

Not mine credits to the original Creator and owner.

"Malcom J. Wardin"

"March 6, 2042"

"last day of training"

"hidden warden fortress"

"6:30am"

The blaring sound of my alarm clock rudely interrupts my dreams, jolting me awake. With a groan, I fumble to silence the persistent noise and drag myself out of bed. The pale morning light filters through the window as I shake off the remnants of sleep.

After a quick breakfast that tastes more like routine than nourishment, I go through the motions of preparing for the day. The metallic bristles of my toothbrush scrape against my teeth, and the familiar feel of my uniform against my skin signals the start of another day at the Academy.

In the bustling cafeteria, the aroma of freshly brewed coffee draws me in. The dull hum of conversations and clinking of utensils fill the air. I grab a steaming cup, hoping the caffeine will kick in soon, and join the stream of students heading towards their destiny.

Navigating the labyrinthine hallways, I spot my siblings waiting for me. Kal, always the early bird, greets me with a teasing remark, pointing at me as if my late rising is a crime. Callie, my ever-curious sister, questions the delay with a playful smirk.

Kal: "Look who's Finally Awake," he says, emphasizing each word with a mock salute.

Callie: "What took you so long to get up?" she quips, raising an eyebrow.

Malcolm: I yawn, rubbing my eyes. "Does it matter?" A sip of coffee barely keeps the exhaustion at bay.

Callie: "Uh, yeah, because it's 7:00 am, AND it's the last day of our training. Now, come on!" She hooks my arm, and together, the three of us stride down the hallway.

Excitement hangs in the air as we approach the proving grounds. I finish my coffee, the warmth spreading through me, and casually toss the cup into a nearby trash can. The anticipation builds as we step into the elevator.

I see Callie taking deep breaths as the elevator takes us down to the proving grounds, she's really nervous.

Callie takes deep breaths, her nervous energy palpable. As the elevator descends to the proving grounds, the weight of the final day of training rests on our shoulders. We exchange glances, each of us carrying our aspirations, fears, and the unspoken bond that ties us together.

Malcolm: "Nervous?" I tease, leaning in from behind as the elevator descends.

Callie: "No, of course not! How about you?" Her voice betrays a hint of nerves.

Malcolm: "No, not really. We were destined to become Wardens, and we've been training since we could hold a gun, haven't we?"

Kal: "Eyup," my brother agrees.

Callie: "It's not that. I just wonder if I can be a better sniper than Mom one day."

Malcolm and Kal: "Aaahhh, that's why you're nervous," we say in unison.