Courage (11th)

"Who was that?"

Sasuke looked back at this big brother who was standing behind him.

"Sakura." Sasuke deadpaned.

"The medic girl from your team?" Itachi asked.

"Yeah."

"What was she doing here in this hour?" Itachi asked being a little curious.

"Kakashi gave this to her to give it you. You have to submit it by next morning." Sasuke handed him the file.

Itachi took it from him and gave it one look.

"If you want to see her just go." Itachi said to Sasuke, smiling softly while reading the papers.

"Who said I want to? She is just annoying." Sasuke replied and looked away.

"Then why are you standing outside at the door." Itachi said still smiling.

Sasuke realised he was actually standing at the door way. He didn't said anything but stood there.

"I suppose you should come inside or just go out for her." Itachi folded the file and looked at Sasuke.

"I don't know where she is." Sasuke looked at his feet.

"Well I thought it wouldn't be a problem for a Uchiha to find a girl." Itachi smiled and poked his little brother's forhead.

Sasuke blushed a little, cause he might not show it but he always carved for his brother's attention.

"Don't spend the whole night outside." Itachi ruffled his brother's hair and went inside.

Sasuke got out and shut the door. It was full moon today so everything was clearly visible.

He went out from the Uchiha district and jumped at the tallest building in konoha and scanned the area. He found her chakra traces and followed it.

He then reached to their old training ground. He looked his surroundings and noticed a red cloth beside a tree. He reached there and saw her standing while leaning in a tree and facing the river.

He moved closer but didn't said anything. What he can say to her? She is his teammate and he tried to kill her.

"Are you thinking how to kill me again?" Sakura said still facing the river. Her voice was heavy.

Sasuke didn't knew what to say, he just stood there in silence.

"Go on. Why are you hesitating? Nobody's gonna stop you this time." Here again came the heavy voice of Sakura.

Sasuke realised that she was meaning that line for Naruto.

"Are you missing him?" Finally a word came out from Sasuke's mouth.

"Missing him???" Sakura faced sasuke, her eyes a little red. Looks like she has been crying.

"Are you serious?" She gave him a questioning look.

"Then, why are you here? Alone in the dark." Sasuke looked directly into her eyes.

"Oh... Sounds like you care even if you don't." Sakura smiled.

"What are you saying? I came here just to find you."

"Why? I didn't asked you to come with me." Sakura said giving him a cocky smile.

"Sakura, ofcourse I would come. You are my teammate." Sasuke said in a calm tone as possible for him.

"Whom you tried to kill? Wait, wait, wait... You are here alone in the middle of the night. It doesn't seems like anyone is here though. So what is your intention?? Just say clearly." Sakura said smiling.

Sasuke narrowed his eyes. He was slowly losing his patience.

"I am waiting." Sakura danced her right leg.

"You are just saying some bullshit right now." Sasuke said.

"Yes, I am a bullshit. I am always a bullshit to you. To everyone." She looked away from him and faced the river.

"Sakura, just tell me why are you here."
Sasuke said with his patience at the edge.

"What do you want to listen? Huh.... What do you want to hear?" She faced him. Her voice soft now.

"Do you even know what we have been through all these years?" She moved closer to him, pointing a finger on his chest.

"Do you have any kind of idea how we felt when we found out that Naruto joined the Akatsuki. No, not joining it but he is the leader of those guys. Tell me sasuke, how would you feel?" Sakura said with pain clearly hear(able) in her voice.

She moved backwards and started again,
"Who am I kidding?" She laughed and threw her hands in the air.

"You know how much he has suffered just because of you. Well, not you. It's me. If I hadn't made him promise that day then this would never happen." Sakura looked down and a single drop of tear left her eye.

"Promise?" Sasuke asked being curious.

"Yeah... Promise. He promised me that he will bring you back to the village no matter what. He is not a boy who goes around and breaks promises. Even when I tried to free him for that burden he just told me, I am a liar. Why all of this happened? Because you left the village." Sakura yelled the last line.

Sasuke didn't said anything. He just listened what she was saying. He kind of felt guilty for what he had done.

Sakura calmed down and started,
"Now that I think about it, it feels like he send you back because of that promise.
He gave you back everything that you wanted."

Sasuke looked down.

"But who is going to bring him back?? Nobody I thought but i was wrong." She smiled sadly.
Sasuke looked at Sakura.

"Hinata... She left the village to bring him back. Nobody has the courage that she has. You know, she jumped in front of pain to save him. She nearly got killed herself."

Sasuke looked kind of shocked after hearing what she said.

"I kinda feel disappointed. If I had one percent of courage that she has then we don't have to see this day." She looked down.

"Sakura, don't blame yourself." Sasuke said holding her shoulders.
She pushed them of slowly and went behind Sasuke. Now her back is facing Sasuke's.

"If you want to come then just come, and don't follow me anymore." She started walking and Sasuke just walked beside her. Neither he talked nor she. The walk to Sakura's home was a silent one.

Sasuke realized how all the incidents had a toll over on her mind. So he let her do what she wants. He realized she needed space.

Sakura stopped and Sasuke realized
they have reached her home. He looked around and it was hospital?

"I have night shift today." She spat.
She went to the door and hold the knob.

"Forget everything or pretend nothing of this has ever happened." With that she entered into the hospital. Sasuke didn't said anything and straight went to the uchiha compound.

He entered and Itachi was already standing there.

"What happened?" He asked his little brother.

"Nothing, just walked her to the hospital." Sasuke answered.

"Hospital?"

"She has night shift." Then he just went to his room.

Itachi didn't questioned anything and went inside too.
___________________________________________
Hey guys I know this chapter is a little SASUSAKU. I promise I will update more naruhina. Until then,
Read, comment, vote and enjoy....... 🥰