Chapter Thirteen

He hugged me tight.

"Happy birthday" he said.

I smiled happily.

"Thank you"

He showed me a paperbag.

"Open it" he whispered.

I opened the paperbag and there was a book set!

"Josh..."

"I know you like reading so much so I bought you this, someone told me its good and you said you wanted to read it if you have a book"

"But you bought me the whole series!"

"Well, I had discounts if I bought all four books so..."

I bit my lower lip.

"There's more inside" he said.

"There's more?!"

He laughed at my reaction and nudged me to open it, there was a small brown envelope there, I opened it, they were stickers.

"Tanja" it read.

"Those are for the balms, I told you it needs a name"

I bit my lower lip.

"There's one more"

"What?!"

He chuckled and kissed my hair, there was a white box there, I opened it, it was a ring!

"Josh..."

"Their promise rings" he said.

Rings, rather, they were two white gold bands, the thin one has diamonds on it and thick one has only one engraved on on it.

He took it and took my hand to put it there.

"Put it on me" he said.

My hand was trembling while taking it to wear it to him.

"I'm not pressuring you or rushing you to be my girlfriend, Sap, stop trembling"

I nodded, he hugged me from behind.

"Happy birthday, Sapphire"

I smiled at him.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday to you!"

They even held a surprise party in our house, the whole volleyball team, Auntie Annie and Mom.

"Happy birthday, darling" mom said.

I smiled and blew out the candles.

Josh made my life brighter, he made me feel so happy.

"Hey, don't stress yourself out, you'll be fine" he assured me.

It was the presentation of the balms, it will be our final output for the first semester, our professor has high standards, I have blockmates who are from the higher year that she failed with their projects before.

"What if she doesn't approve? Oh God, I can't fail her class, I'll lose my scholarship"

"Baby, baby, look at me, you'll be fine, you'll do great, I know for sure"

He held both of my hands.

"You will do great, I know you will, and besides my feedbacks aren't made up, I even asked Ralph's sister to try out your balms when you made another batch, she loved it and is actually requesting for more"

That made me feel okay.

"Okay, okay, I can do this"

I peaked at our classroom and saw a panel!