Chapter Thirty

I stared at his ceiling, he was beside me, watching me.

"What are you thinking?"

I shook my head, his hand rested on my stomach, I was resting my head on his arm as he gently stroked my hair.

"Do you want to talk now?"

I still didn't want to talk.

I sighed and just closed my eyes, Josh kissed my cheek and my shoulder blade.

"I love you" he whispered tenderly.

He loves me? Do I believe that? Is it going to hurt me if I believe that? Can I trust him again?

I couldn't even face our past, how can I face a present with him in it again?

The clouds in my head were back, I thought by doing this I'll somehow stop thinking about it, but I think I'm getting worse.

"I'm tired... can we talk about it tomorrow?"

"Okay, tomorrow" he kissed my shoulder blade once more.

He pulled me closer to him, his breathing send shivers down my spine.

I had my back turned to him, I fell asleep with a cloudy mind.

I woke up early, and everything went back to me.

I bit my lower lip, feeling sore down there, Josh was still asleep beside me, his arm around my waist, I slowly removed it.

I didn't stand up quickly because he threathened to wake up, I stayed in his bed for a while and when he was asleep again, I stood up and picked up my clothes, I wore them, I picked up mu pumps and head out.

I bit my lower lip as I silently went downstairs, I saw my purse on the couch, I took it and went for the door.

When I opened it, Crystal was going to press the doorbell.

She looked stunned to see me, she looked at me from head to foot.

"Sapphire, what are you doin--"

"Sorry, excuse me, I need to leave"

I had to pass her by and just walked quickly to the lift.

"Sapphire!" Crystal tried to follow me.

The lift closed quickly before she could even get close.

I sighed.

What did I do? What did I do?! Why did I do that?!

I fucked with Josh, and Crystal saw me leaving.

It was early six in the morning, she goes here often, I know for sure.

I went to the parking and quickly went to my car and drove off, I didn't want to go home yet, he might go there.

I went to Yasmin's and Harold's house.

I bit my lower lip as I parked my car on the side, Harold was already awake, he looked shock to see me.

"Sorry to be here this early"

"Its okay, Yasmin's awake already"

He opened the gate and let me in.

"Hon, Sapphire's here" Harold announced.

"Sapphire?" She peeked from the kitchen, her eyes widened and went out of there, "Sapphire, you--" I cut her off by hugging her.

Yasmin paused, and then she hugged me back, patting my back gently.

"What's wrong? Did something happened? Tell me"