Chapter Thirty Two

Josh didn't show up the next days, he gave me space and maybe he finally thought that I was not going to give him a chance to talk.

But the days that passed without his presence felt like the first years of his disappearance from my life, I felt gloomy and empty.

The robot Sapphire was turned on again.

"Are you really okay?" Yasmin asked.

I finished my wine.

"Are you okay to drink? I mean..."

"I'm not pregnant, Yas, I had my period, weeks after we had sex, and it was exactly on my calendar"

She nodded.

"Have you heard about Crystal leaving the country?"

I looked at her.

"I've heard it from acquiantances, Crystal Velasquez is leaving the country for business purposes, Josh is staying, though"

"Crystal loves him so much, she was there for him all these years, I couldn't understand why he couldn't love her, my sister would do everything for him to love her"

"Maybe, his heart just belonged to someone else, that he couldn't pay attention to other people loving him because his attention was only on one person"

I sighed.

"I know you haven't move on from him, and I know you still love him, the only thing that is stopping you is fear and pain of your past, you're scared that you'll get hurt again"

I sighed, I couldn't lie to her, if there was one person who knows me, it was Yasmin, she knew how I look, how I behave, how I feel and when I try to lie about things, so I wouldn't be able to lie to her.

"Why don't you... finally talk to him?"

I looked away.

"If he bravely told you he loves you, then why don't you give him another chance? I think, that's what your heart, mind and soul wants for it to have peace"

I sighed.

I found myself thinking abour Yasmin's suggestion.

I sighed deeply and slowly U-turned to drive to his condo tower.

It had tight security, they had to inform him of my arrival, after confirmation, the guards didn't have second thoughts of letting me in.

I parked my car beside his and went to the lift.

I was feeling all queasy and nervous while I was in the lift.

When it made a sound, my heart beated frantically.

Josh was already waiting for me outside the lift, his gaze went to me.

"Is there something wrong?" He asked worriedly.

He knows that I would not go here unless I wanted something from him.

He gently held my arm.

"Is this a good time? Uh, I can go if--" I bit my lower lip.

"I'm free, Sapphire, come"

He held my waist and we went to his penthouse.

"Is there a problem? Are you... Was the test mistaken?"

I bit my lower lip, he thinks I'm pregnant that's why I'm here?!

"No. I'm not pregnant, I... just really wanted to see you"

He stared at me after I said that, but he slowly nodded.

"Josh..."

"Yes?" He was so attentive.