-1-

"Dad, I swear, this is the last one!" I stood outside the stadium and posed for what felt like the hundreth picture my dad had taken of me.

"But you only graduate one! I want to remember this day!"

"Actually, this is her second time." Katelyn came to my aid. "She did graduate from high school, dad."

"Gah you know what I mean! You don't graduate from college with your masters twice. I want just one more! You and Katelyn together, now!"

"Why did I get roped into this?!"

"Come on, Katey! For dad?" I smiled and laughed.

She walked up next to me and grumbled. "Traitor." But she gave the camera a smile.

"My two baby girls! All grown up!" Our dad shed a tear. "And both single, too! You girls grew up, well."

"Dad!" Katelyn exclaimed, while I just laughed.

Some things never changed, like how Katelyn and our dad interracted. Some did, like me. Some had been physical changes, like my hair. I needed a change when I got here and chopped it very short and dyed it almost completely pink, which was funny, because I didn't really like pink. It slowly grew out and was now a cute curly cut just below my shoulders. I also replaced the whole head of pink to an ombre from my natural blonde to a subtle light brown. I also got more ear piercings and even a nose ring and tended to wear my thin gold glasses out more. But this experience also changed me on the inside and made me aware of myself. College had been a life changing experience. I realized during second semester Freshman year that I liked girls during one of the frat parties when I kissed the girl I had actually been crushing on during a game of spin the bottle. Soon after, I realized that I was bisexual, like my sister, Sophomore year. Unfortunately, that didn't work out. But, even though I never dated anyone seriously during my time here, I finally got over my first love (He-who-I-will-not-name). That had been a very long road of healing, but I finally made it to the otherside.

But, today's for happy thoughts.

"I'm just excited for both of my girls to be back in Phoenix Drop since neither of your brother's will move back home."

Right! And I found a good job back home, teaching Art at Phoenix Drop High, which was good and bad at the same time. Good news, I had a job! Bad new, it's in Phoenix Drop. I really didn't want to move back to that area, but I guess that it was meant to be.

"Right. I still need to find a place."

"Well, you can think about that later, and I can help you! Let's just celebrate, tonight!" Katelyn took a flask out of her bag and took a swig. "Want some you guys?"

I took a sip, but dad didn't partake. "I'll be you girl's driver tonight. Besides, we have a long drive back tomorrow."

"That's fair." Katelyn turned to me. "Wanna go to a bar or something?"

"I'm honestly fine with staying in. It's been a long day."

"That's fine, we can head back to the hotel." She took another drink before a security guard glared at her. "Oops, maybe we should leave now." I laughed as I linked arms with her and our little family, sans brothers, walked off to the car. Alright real world. Here I come!

-

"I'm telling you Lucinda, it was so long!" I whispered on the phone that night. Our dad had a different room and Katelyn slept like a rock, but I wasn't taking any chances.

"I'm sure you're exaggerating, darling. It can't have been that bad."

"I swear the commencement speaker yawned during his own speech." I sighed. "I just can't believe it's all over."

"It's a strange feeling. I remember it all too well."

"I'm just excited to get a proper sleeping schedule, again."

"Well, I never fixed mine, remember that."

"I will. Anyways, afterwards my dad made me take a million pictures, but all I could think about was the future."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Well, I hadn't told you, yet, but I found a job."

"No way! Where?"

"That's the thing, It's at PDH."

"Wait, like our Phoenix Drop High? You're moving home?"

"Yeah." I flipped to my other side. "But, I still can't find a place to live and it's beginning to really stress me out."

"That's perfect!"

"What do you mean?"

"I've been interviewing potential new roommates for the past week, but they've all been horrible."

"Wait, seriously?!" My chest gave an excited jump. "How far are you from the school?" 

"Not far at all, and it's a nice area. Leona, do you want to live with me? That's save me from anymore horrible interviews, so really you're doing me a favor."

"Of course!" I heard Katelyn snore loudly and brought my voice back down. "Thank Irene she's still asleep."

"Wait, does Katelyn snore?" 

"Only when she drinks. Which she did tonight."

"I can't wait to make fun of her for this later in front of Travis."

"Oh, no way, you kept in touch with him?"

"No, but he lives on my street now. Actually, I mean our street. Actually a lot of people from high school are in the neighborhood. I think it might be fun for you!"

"That's funny. Yeah, it would. Man. I think the only people I actually kept in touch with were you, Katelyn, Nicole, and Garroth. And Aphmau, but only for a little bit."

"Then this will be a whole reintroduction for you! When do you get back?"

"Tomorrow, hopefully. We drove part of the way today so I could get back for Katelyn's show rehearsals. Mind if I stop by the house then?"

"Of course I don't! In fact, you can totally move in tomorrow if you want?"

"Seriously? Definitely!" Katelyn snored again. "I'll see you then. I gotta go."

"Okay, can't wait to see you! Goodnight!"

"Goodnight!" I hung up and look up at the ceiling. Yes! Everything was falling into place. Hopefully, I wouldn't see any "unwelcome" faces tomorrow, but Lucinda would've told me if he lived on her street. I know she would've.

Thanks for reading! (Don't forget to check out the playlists inspired by the series(s))