-2-

"Katelyn! Why didn't you tell me you lived on Lucinda's street?"

"What! I just didn't think about it! I've just been so busy with the play and stuff, that it didn't cross my mind, I guess."

"I also heard that others from our high school live there?"

"Yeah, they do. You already knew that I live with Nana and Aphmau, right?"

"Nooo!"

"Oh. Well, sorry."

We were in the final stretch and it was her turn to drive. i had napped for the first half of it and Katelyn napped through the whole of my turn, so we didn't get a chance to talk about it until now. "It's fine. Thanks, again, for helping me move."

"No, problem. You're coming to my play, so this is just me saying thanks."

I smiled and looked out the window, enjoying the rest of the drive. We finally pulled up to a cute little cottage looking house, where her owl Bigglesworth was nesting comfortably in a tree in front. As soon as I stepped out of the car, Lucinda walked out the front door. "Well, look what the cat dragged in!"

I smiled at her and hurried to her for a hug. "It's so good to see you, again, Luci!"

"You, too." She looked up at the full car behind me, where Katelyn was struggling with one of my boxes. "Need any help?

"Actually, that'd be great-" Lucinda snapped her fingers and the entire car, except the box that Katelyn had just wiggled out of the car, was empty. "Well, that's one way of doing it."

"Is that all you have?"

"I have a few boxes at my dad's house. He's going to drive them by later this week."

Katelyn walked by us and into the house holding the cardboard box. "Gee, thanks a lot."

"Anytime." Lucinda turned back to me. "Okay, now I'll show you around the place." The house had three bedrooms, but the smallest had been turned into her office and Wigglesworth's room, two bathrooms, and a cute kitchen that opened up to the living room and dining room. "Okay, now that we're done with the grand tour, I know it's late, but wanna go grab dinner?"

"Thanks, but I think I'm just going to order a pizza and unpack. I'm really tired."

"That's fair. We'll talk more tomorrow them."

"Perfect, thanks, again. I really appreciate it."

"Again, you're actually doing me a favor, so we're even." She smiled at me. "Now, goodnight!"

"Goodnight." I walked back to the entryway where Katelyn was waiting to say goodbye. "Thanks for your help today. Can I buy you lunch tomorrow as thanks?"

"Sure. I'll be at the theatre, so you can come during the lunch break at one if you're free?"

"That works great." I gave her a hug. "One more thank you for helping."

"Hey, don't get all soft on me!" She held me at arms length. "Now, I have to get back. Goodnight, Leo."

"Goodnight Katelyn." She took her leave and I closed the door behind her and looked around. This was life now. Classes for me would start in January, when I would replace my old favorite teacher Mr.Max. It felt bizarre, but I was so excited to start this chapter. I had a feeling that something big was coming. But nothing would ruin what I was feeling right now. Absolutely nothing.

Laurance's POV

I was chilling on the couch with Garroth and Dante, memorizing my lines when Travis ran in. "Guys! Great news!"

"You finally moved on from Katelyn." I turned the page.

"I said good news, not miracle." He grinned big. "Another hot girl just moved in down the street!"

"Really? What did she look like?" Dante asked.

"Well... I don't know. It's pretty dark outside and I couldn't see her face."

I glanced up from my script. "Than how could you tell she was hot?"

"She's moving in with Lucinda!"

"That means nothing."

"Please. If she's friends with Lucinda, she's hot. I say we go and welcome her to the neighborhood tomorrow!"

"Travis, we can't." Garroth said. "We have rehearsal tomorrow, remember?"

"Gah, you're right. Guess I'll have to work my charm on her later." He gave a flirtatious grin and ran into his room.

The truth was, I didn't care. After my first relationship ended so badly, I hadn't been in another one nor did I really care to, until recently. I went through a wild phase in college where I went to any party I could find and tried to drown out the pain, which didn't really work. Garroth eventually convinced me to start going to therapy and I began to get over her. I also started being with my family more when my father started dating someone. They got married last summer, so I began spending my college summers at the farm. Now that I've graduated, I go out there whenever I get the chance, which isn't often enough. But when Garroth convinced me to move in with him and Dante, I took him up on it. Travis came along later, but it was good to see him again. I hadn't seen him since... well, prom night. Turns out, Aphmau, Katelyn, and Nana had also just moved in across the street. We all started hanging out again, and I realized that I might actually have feelings for Aph, again. Unfortunately, so did the other guys. But at least I have finally moved on. After our breakup, I had vowed to never be that shell of a man, again, and I intended to make good on that promise. 

Garroth punched my shoulder. "Wanna ride together to rehearsal tomorrow?"

"Sure, buddy." I got up and walked over to the kitchen to start getting dinner ready. Things were better now, and that's all that mattered.

Leona's POV

I took the pizza from the delivery boy. "Thanks, Reece, keep the change." I brought it into my room and looked around. I was mostly unpacked, just my clothes needed to be hung up and put away. I picked up a box and an envelope fell out. That's weird. I don't remember that. I picked it up and opened it, gasping at what was inside.

It was a letter from my birth mom.

Thanks for reading!