-9-

I stayed frozen in my car outside of Garroth's house. There was no way. But everything was making too much sence, yet none at all. I jumped when someone knocked on my window. I rolled it down.

"Hey, Leona. What's going on?" Laurance leaned in the window, his smile calming me down a little.

"I-I need to see Garroth." My voice sounding a little husky and rough. 

He looked startled. "Garroth? Why?"

"I need to see him. Now, please." I looked at him. "Can you tell him that, please?"

He hesitated. "I can do that."

"Thank you." I whispered in a small voice.

He nodded slowly. "Anything for you." He turned around and walked inside. While he did this for me, I took a minute to compose myself. I needed to talk to Garroth, but I still didn't know what exactly I was going to say. Was I going to ask for his dad's information to talk to him? Or was I going to tell him the truth? I heards my passenger door open and Garroth climbed in.

"Hey, Leona. Ready to go? Is anything wrong?"

I nodded. "I met my birth mom today."

He blinked. "Oh, I completely forgot! How did it go? What did she say?"

I opened my mouth to say something. Anything. But I started crying instead.

"Leona, what's wrong!" He gave me a big hug, his face filled with concern.

"I-I just..." I blubbered. "I learned something, that I don't know if anyone should know or not."

"You can tell me, LeLe. You can tell me anything, you know that."

"It... I-" I had no idea how to go about this. "My mother has the saddest story." I told him everything she had. Minus one detail.

"Woah. That must've been so hard for her. What asshole would do something like that to her."

I wiped my eyes a little. "Well-"

"I mean, did she tell you who he was?"

"Umm, yeah. She did."

"Well?"

"What?"

"Who is it?"

"My father?"

"Yeah."

I swallowed. "Do you really want to know?"

"Of course. It's obviously important to you."

"You can't tell anyone. And you can't ask me questions, because I don't really know much. At least, not for now. Promise me."

"Why?"

"Just promise me." I grabbed his arm. "Please."

"Fine, I promise."

I took a shaky breath to try and compose myself. "My father is Garte Ro'meave."

He blinked. Twice. Three times. "Garte? That's... that my father. He's your father? Wait, does that make you my sister?"

I gave a small laugh. "Wow, Garroth, you really need to get your head checked. Yes. I guess it does make us related."

"Wow." He paused. "Wow!" He gave me a huge hug, crushing me. "You're my sister!"

"Ugh! You're taking this a lot better than I did! And you're crushing me."

"Sorry!" He let go and smiled at me. Until the reality of the situation hit him. "Wait. My father cheated on my mom?"

I held his hand. "That's why my mother didn't want me to tell anyone. She didn't want to ruin any relationships. And that's why I made you promise not to tell anyone for the time being."