-6-

"Where are they?" I held my blazer in my arms as I stretched my neck looking for Katelyn.

"Relax, they'll be here soon." Lucinda touched my arm. "They're probably just getting out of costume."

"True. Anyways, what did you think of it?"

"It was so good! Especially the ending." She laughed.

"I know right?"

"Know what?" I turned and saw Katelyn standing behind me smiling.

"Ah! Katey! It was phenomenal!" I gave her a hug. "I especially love that ending! How'd you pull that off?"

"Long story." She looked around. "Man, it was busy tonight."

"As it should've been! It was so good and funny. That's hard to do with Romeo and Juliet." Lucinda complimented her.

That's when I saw Garroth walking out of backstage, looking traumatized. "Garroth! Over here!" He turned and said something to someone backstage and walked over to me. "Garroth! You were amazing!"

"Thanks, Leona."

"And that ending! Wow. You really blew me away!"

His face fell. "L-let's just not talk about it, again... okay?"

"Fine, fine." I turned behind me, looking for Aphmau. "Hey, I thought I saw Aphmau walk out earlier, but now I can't seem to find her-" I turned back around and saw him again. "Oh... Hi, Laurance."

"H-hi, Leona." He looked at me with his gorgeous blue eyes that made my legs turn to jello. His hair had grown out a little bit, but he still had the same cut from high school. Oh my Irene. He still had the same effect on me that he did four years ago. Shit

Lucinda saved me. "So, that was some kiss, Laurance."

He turned bright red. "We will never speak of it. Again."

Lucinda turned to me. "Look, Leona, not to rush you or anything, but I think we need to find Aaron, now."

"Right! I almost forgot."

"Forgot what?" Laurance asked.

"Why are you getting Aaron?" Garroth furled his brow.

Lucinda grabbed my arm. "Oh, our little Leona here has got herself a date! Aphmau decided to set her up with Aaron."

"Yeah, we're getting coffee tonight." I avoided looking in Laurance's direction.

"Well, have fun, then! Too bad we can't do something tonight." Garroth said.

"Thanks!" I saw Aaron and Aphmau enter the room, a little pink in the face. "Oh! There they are. See y'all later!" 

We walked off to them. "Hey, guys! Great show." Lucinda gave a charming small smile.

"Yeah, you both did amazing tonight! 

"Oh! T-thank you, Leona." Her face got redder and her voice was oddly high pitched.

"Yeah, thank you!" Aaron nodded at me.

"Too bad we didn't get to see you in that last scene, though. Although, we're loving how it turned out!" I laughed.

"Y-yeah, it was really funny." Aph squeaked.

"Are you okay, Aph?" I  asked.

"Yeah! Anyways, you two need to go on your date now. Bye!" She ran off nervously.

"W-well, I'm going to go check on her, I guess. You two have fun." Lucinda winked and walked off in the direction Aphmau went off in.

An awkward pause encompassed us. "So, it's nice to meet you... again."

"Hmm?"

"Oh, um, we went to high school together." I gestured to myself. "Leona Blue? You were a senior when I was a freshman?"

"Oh, right." Another silence followed.

"Umm... Should we go now?" I asked.

"Sure, I guess." I then followed him out of the building.

This was going to be a loooong night. 

Laurance's POV

Talking to her again was torture and amazing all at once. She hardly acknowledged me and wouldn't really look at me. Then Lucinda brought up her date and it felt like my heart was ripped out of my chest. Snap out of it, Laurance! I told myself. You're over her! I watched her walk away when Lucinda pulled her towards Aphmau and Aaron. 

"Earth to Laurance!" Garroth snapped in my face. 

"Oh, sorry." I turned away from him, still embarrassed about earlier. Not that I enjoyed it at all, but Garroth wasn't a bad kisser.

"You good, bro?"

"I'm fine."

He gave me a doubtful look but, thankfully let it go. Because if talking to her tonight told me one thing, it was that trying to get Aphmau didn't help me any.

I was still very much in love with Leona. But what the hell could I do about it. I ruined it last time. I'd be bound to ruin it, again.

Leona's POV

This. Date. Was. Awful.

I kept asking him questions and tried to start conversations, but he let them die everytime.

When I got to the last sip of my coffee, I started giving hints that I wanted to leave, but he didn't pick up on them. I tapped on my mug when he finally spoke up.

"Hey, I'm sure you're a great person, but I have to tell you that I'm really just not that interested. I only did this because Aphmau asked me to."

I stared at him in disbelief. "You have got to be kidding me."

"I'm sorry if that offended you-"

"You should have told me that earlier."

"Well, I just-"

"It would have saved us a lot of awkward silences. I'm only here because Aphmau asked me to, too."

"Oh. So, we could've just been... hanging out as friends?"

"Yes. Tonight was torture, Aaron. I was trying so hard, but you were giving me nothing."

"Look, I said I was sorry."

"I heard." I looked off to the side. "I think we should leave, now."

"Oh. Okay." He stood up and walked outside without waiting for me. 

"Asshole." I muttered under my breath. But followed him out anyways.

When he dropped me off, I immediately went to my room. Lucinda would be out for the rest of the night with our friends, so I had the house for myself. I rummaged in my bag, looking for the letter, again. When I got it, I pulled it and my phone out and dialed the number at the bottom, praying she had the same one. I held it up to my ear and heard it ring a couple of times before it went to voicemail. "Hey, this is Julia, sorry I couldn't get to the phone. Please leave your message after the beep." Beep!

"Hi, Julia. This is Leona Blue." Wow, this was weirdly formal. "I'm- um. I'm your daughter. Please call me back when you can. I have a few questions. Thank you."

Thanks for reading!