Girl Meets World

"Why do we have to sneak out of the house if we're not doing anything wrong until we sneak onto the subway?" My best friend, Riley asked my older sister, Maya, and I for like the 10th time so far.

"You think you're ready to just walk by your parents?" Maya asked. "I think I'm ready." Riley reassured. I gave her an amused look. "Let us see your face as you walk by your parents." I instructed. Riley gave Maya and I, a scared expression. "Why are you making that face at us, Riley?" Maya asked, imitating Riley's parents. "Because I'm sneaking onto the subway." Riley said. I gave her one of my signature looks.

"Out the window." Riley said, pointing out of the window. I nodded. " Let's go." Maya and I said in sync. The three of us crawled out of Riley's bedroom window. A few moments after, we crawled back in. The three of us walked to Riley's bed and sat on the edge, as Mr. Cory Matthews, Riley's father, crawled in and walked over to give us some sort of lecture.

"Here's what I'm thinking." He said, beginning his lecture, "It's not your world yet. It's still my world. Because if it was your world, Maya and Dylan would have you on the subway already, thinking you put something over on me. But you didn't. Know how I know? Look at ya. You're right here."

"How long do I have to live in my father's world?" Riley asked. I chuckled. "Until you make it yours," Mr. Matthews told his daughter, while putting a hand on her shoulder. "Riley, do you know what I want more than anything? Go ahead, make it yours." Mr. Matthews told her.

"I will. And when I do will you still be there for me?" Riley asked. "Right here." A voice said. We all turned to see Riley's mom, Mrs. Topanga Matthews, leaning against the door frame. She walked over to Cory and linked arms with him. "We'll be right here." She reassured. Riley, Maya, and I gave each other a look. We all linked arms and skipped out of the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The three of us arrived at the subway and were greeted by the familiar subway vibes. The dead rat smells, people's footsteps as they come and go. I just love the subway! We were all greeted by a new sound. The three of us turned to a familiar person that Maya and I knew. He was drumming. Maya and I stepped forward and began to dance. The drumming stopped.

"Weasel!" Maya and I exclaimed. "Dylan! Maya!" Weasel greeted us, and then took noticed of Riley, "Who's the new chick?" "Chick! Down here I'm a chick." Riley said, leaning closer to Maya and I. "No wonder my parents don't want me on the subway." She whispered. We began walking to the subway train, as two girls walked pass us.

"You're slouching, Maya." A girl who I didn't know told Maya. "Thanks, Gretchen." Maya said. Maya stood straight, put her hands on her hips and started walked to the train with such good posture. Riley and I shared a look. I shrugged. Riley mimicked Maya and followed her to the train. I rolled my eyes and followed Riley and Maya normally.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I looked around the subway at all the other passengers. I glanced at Riley and saw something very peculiar. "Whoa, Riley." I said. Maya took notice of Riley and her eyes slightly widened in amusement. "You don't do lip gloss." Maya told her. I nodded.

"Oh, what I forgot to mention is that I'm completely reinventing myself. I ride the subway now, I have kiwi lips now and I'm just as cool as you two now." Riley said. I chuckled. "Yeah? Let's see how cool you can be when you look at him." Maya said, gesturing with her head, towards someone behind Riley. Riley and I followed Maya's gesture and saw a blond haired kid, about our age, reading a textbook. He looked up and smiled at us. Riley turned back to us with a big grin on her face.

I giggled. "Yeah, you're gonna need some lessons." I told her. "Okay, let me show you everything you need to know about boys and girls." Maya said, and walked over to the boy. Riley and I watched her.