Girl Meets the Truth

"Eyes, look your last. Arms, take your last embrace." Lucas said, as he walked over to the table, where Riley was laying on. I sat in the audience with Maya. We were watching our school's production of the play "Romeo and Juliet".

"And, lips, oh, you the doors of breath, seal with a righteous kiss." Lucas continued, and leaned down to kiss Riley. "Back off!" Farkle shouted, jumping into the scene. I rolled my eyes, and sat back in amusement. "What meanest thou? Spear carrier. Who havest no lines." Lucas said, trying to stay in role. "You tried to kiss my woman. This I cannot allow. Prepare to die!" Farkle shouted. "Farkle, what are you doing? It's "Romeo and Juliet." Lucas reminded. "Well, now it's "Romeo and Juliet and Farkle". I play Farkle." Farkle said. 

"Dude, I'm supposed to kiss the girl. Shakespeare said." Lucas reminded. "Who thinks the spear carrier should finally get to kiss Juliet?" Farkle asked the audience, holding up his spear. Maya stood up and began to cheer. I clapped too. "Yeah, you kiss that girl, you crazy spear carrier." Maya said. "Hark! You cometh uppeth here and getteth kissed too." Farkle said. I stood up and clapped and cheered loudly, just like Maya did a few seconds ago. 

Everyone else started to clap too. "Thank you, thank you." Maya said, as she layed down beside Riley on the table. "You too! Cometh uppeth here!" Farkle shouted at me. Everyone cheered and applauded. I stood up, off of my seat. I started to walk to the table where Maya and Riley were sitting. "You're too kind, seriously." I told people, as I walked to the table. I lied down beside Maya.

"How you doing?" Maya and I asked Riley. "I just don't understand how we end up in situations like this." Riley told us. I giggled, as the weird play continued. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked into the school hallway when the play ended, and I was greeted by applause. I was a little taken back, but accepted it. I stood next to Maya and Riley and watched as Farkle entered. Everyone went silent. Riley started to clap, so the whole hallway slowly began to clap. I didn't want to, but. I did it to be nice. "Thank you. Thank you, Farkle nation!" Farkle shouted. 

"Farkle, come here." Maya said. "Maya, don't." Riley warned. "Okay. I will," I said, "Farkle." I stepped closer to Farkle, but Riley held me back. "Dylan. No. He thinks he was good." Riley defended. Maya and I shared a knowing look. We turned back to Riley. "Yeah, we're gonna fix that." Maya and I said in unison. 

"But you two can't tell him the truth." Riley said, "You'll crush him." "Oh, we can tell him the truth. It's you who can't tell him the truth because you're afraid." Maya pointed out. I nodded. "I'm not afraid. I'm nice." Riley corrected. I raised my eyebrow. "You're saying we're not nice?" I asked. "No, I'm afraid to say that." Riley said. "Tell him the truth." Maya ordered. "Yeah. You know Farkle. You know what will happen if you don't." I added.

"Farkle. You were so what are the best words?" Riley asked, as we walked up to Farkle. I sent Riley a "seriously" look. "He killed the play. Those are the words." I said, to Riley. "Those are the only words. You killed the play." Maya told Farkle, and then turned back to Riley. "Tell him." "What? What do they mean?" Farkle asked Riley. "They means you killed it, Farkle. Killed it! Showbiz talk." Riley lied. I rolled my eyes.

"I actually I thought I ruined the play. If you would've told me I ruined the play, I would have believed you. I would have been crushed, but I would've believed you." Farkle told Riley. I leaned closer to Maya."This is just so amusing," I whispered to my sis. Maya nodded. Riley sighed. "How could I crush one of the best actors working in middle school today?" She asked Farkle. "I'm a good actor? What if I'm better than good? What if I'm great? What if I'm the greatest actor who ever lived, and I never knew it? That would be sad. Wah. It's okay, it's okay. I was acting." Farkle said, "Thanks, Riley, my public awaits. Hello, everybody!" He walked away.