Girl Meets Brother

"Well, another year we're not going to be cheerleaders." Riley said, as she, Maya, and I stepped out of the subway in our cheer-leading outfits. "Why do you make us do these things?" Maya asked. "Yeah. Pom-poms are stupid and pyramids made of humans freak me out." I told her. Maya looked down at her legs. "And what are these?" She asked. I shrugged. "These are your legs." Riley answered. "Have you ever seen anything so white?" Maya asked. "One time when I looked into the sun." I replied. 

"These need to be put away. We have to go to Demolition right now and get clothes. Because you know they're gonna find out we took these things." Maya said, gesturing towards our outfits. "But my curfew's in fifteen minutes." Riley told us. "But they're having a sale. Vintage t-shirts." I protested. "Ooh, I do love t-shirts that other people have already loved." Riley said.

"You are the only person I know that has to be home by seven. It's ridiculous." I told her. "They treat me like a baby." Riley told us. I gave her my look. "Who?" I asked. "Ma-ma da-da." Riley replied. I rolled my eyes. "It's time I was treated like the woman I am. I am going to Demolition!" Riley told us. "That's the spirit!" Maya shouted.

"You're not really coming, are you?" I asked. "Nah. Wait. You know what? I am. I am old enough to stay out past seven o'clock." Riley told us, "What's the damage for this, in your professional opinion?" "Broken curfew?" I questioned. Riley nodded. "Chump change. Whole thing blows over by Wednesday." Maya told her. I nodded.

"Worth it! Let's do this!" Riley shouted, as she ran out of the subway station. "Great! See you Wednesday!" Maya and I shouted at her.

~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm late, I'm late, I know I'm late!" Riley shouted, as we walked into her apartment to face her parents and Auggie. "Seven minutes." Cory told her. "Say nothing. Keep walking." I hissed at her. "No. This is a thing. Deal with your bad girl." Riley insisted. I sighed and turned to Maya. "She does not know when to quit, does she?" I whispered to her. "No she doesn't," Maya whispered back. I nodded.

"Okay, where were you?" Topanga asked. "Demolition. It's an alternative store. Where rebels go!" Riley replied. I rolled my eyes. "And I bought this t-shirt I don't think you'll entirely approve of." Riley said. She held up a vintage t-shirt with the word: "Bleh!" written on it. "Bleh! Edgy." Topanga told her. "Uh, Riley, what's going on?" Cory asked. 

"I am too old for a seven o'clock curfew." Riley told her parents. She picked up her pom-poms. "I reject it! Reject it! Reject it! Won't even respect it!" Riley cheered. "Didn't make the team again, huh?" Topanga asked us. "No!" Riley shouted. "I don't really care," Maya replied. "I don't even want to walk around in such. Stupid outfits," I answered, gesturing to my outfit. "Every year." I heard Cory mumble.

"Okay, look, Riley, your father and I gave you a 7:00 curfew because we knew that even when you got all rebellious you'd still be home by 7:30." Topanga told her. "What?" Riley asked, confused. "Yeah. So when you come in here at 7:07 acting all dangerous, it's hard," Cory started, but stopped and bursted out laughing. "I'm sorry. I can't even keep a straight face." Cory said. He and Topanga laughed even more.

"What are you laughing at? I'm outta control!" Riley shouted. This time I giggled along with the parents. "Dylan, Maya, you couldn't keep her out any later than that? I mean, what kind of bad influences are you?" Cory asked. "Well. Technically. I am a peacekeeper. Not a bad influence. That is all Maya," I said, gesturing towards my sister. "You're right. I gotta up my game." Maya said, nodding her head. She glanced at the couch. "This'll look great in my room." Maya said, grabbing a pillow and walking towards the door. She stopped and grabbed a couple of coats from the coat racks. She then walked out.

"Now, that's what I'm talkin' about!" Cory shouted, pointing to the door. I giggled. "Dylan? You're staying over?" Topanga asked. I nodded. "Yep." I said. I walked into the bathroom and changed into my regular clothes. I changed into a blue and aqua striped long sleeve shirt, skinny jeans, and black converse.