Girl Meets Home For The Holidays

Maya buzzed the intercom. "Shawn?!" I heard Cory ask/shout, hopefully through the intercom. "Maya!" Maya said. "And Dylan!" I said. "Shawn?!" Cory asked again. "Aw, what's the matter? Your boyfriend's not here yet?" I asked. "He's not my boyfriend!" Cory shouted. I rolled my eyes. Maya and I walked to the Matthews' apartment. I opened the door as we entered.

"We don't even think he exists." Maya and I told Cory. "He's real, Dylan, Maya. I've known the guy my whole life, and he's real." Cory defended his 'friend'. "You're fun to play with." Maya told him. We then walked up to Riley.

"Riley, we got you a present." I told her. I handed her an envelope. "A donation's been made in your guys' name to the Maya new winter coat fund." Riley read. I gestured towards Maya's coat as she posed in it. "Thank you, it's beautiful." Riley complimented. "We're glad you like it." I said. "We never know what to get people." Maya added. I nodded. "So, what's the deal on the mysterious Uncle Shawn?" Maya asked. "I don't see him a lot. I don't think he likes me." Riley told us. "Riley. How could someone not like you?" I asked her. "Ask him and let me know." Riley told us.

The intercom buzzed and Cory jumped and ran over to it. "Shawn!" He shouted, hopefully. "No, it's your parents." Alan, Cory's father said. "Rats!" Cory whispered/ shouted. "Let me explain how a speaker box works." Alan said. "These holidays are important to me, Alan. How much of a fiasco do you think it's gonna be?" Amy, Cory's mother asked. I raised my eyebrows in amusement. "Let me explain how a speaker box works." Alan told her.

"Hideous already." Cory said to Topanga. "How about I throw this pot at you?!" Topanga shouted in frustration, holding up a pot. "They don't think you're real, but I know you are." Cory said, in a baby-talk voice to an ornament with two people on it. It read: Cory & Shawn 4-Evah! Topanga then threw the pot at Cory, and he caught it. "She tried to hurt you, Shawn." Cory said. "Okay. We need to get him help," I told Maya and Riley. They nodded.

------

The door bell ringed and Auggie ran to it. He opened the door and showed Alan and Amy. "Grandpa, grandma!" Auggie greeted. "Hello. Here's 10 bucks. Write me better." Alan said, handing Auggie 10 bucks. "Okay." Auggie said, taking the money. "Here's cookies." Amy said, handing Auggie a container of cookies. Auggie took it. "Thanks, here's 10 bucks." Auggie said, giving Amy the money. "And that's how you do that." Amy told Alan, putting the money in her purse.

"Riley, Maya, Dylan!" Alan shouted, but softly as he walked up to give us a group hug. "Yay!" The three of us cheered as we did the group hug. After the hug we walked over to the kitchen table bench seat and began to play with some of the ornaments.

Alan chuckled weakly, as I looked up. "Ah, wow! Look at all these kids. It wasn't that long ago I had kids around the house." Alan said. A teenage boy, who I reconsigned as Riley's young uncle Josh, walked in and threw a pair of keys at Alan. "Yeah, it was just this morning, wasn't it, dad?" Josh asked. "Oh, yeah, yeah, you." Alan said, while pointing to Josh.

"Boing!" Maya shouted, pointing at Josh. "That's my Uncle, Maya." Riley informed her. "Sweet, I would be your aunt." Maya said. "Hey! I want to be Riley's aunt too," I said. I looked over at Josh and then shook my head. "Yeah. That's not gonna happen," I said.

"Joshie!" Auggie shouted, and ran over to Joshie. "Auggie!" Josh shouted. He picked up Auggie and put him on his shoulders. "I love it up here!" Auggie shouted. I giggled at the sight before me. "My brother," Cory said, walking up to Josh. "My brother." Josh said to Cory. The two shared a fist bump. "How's it possible we're brothers?" Cory asked. "Because it's a surprise!" Josh shouted, looking at Alan. "Stop doing that." Alan told him. Josh slung an arm around Alan's shoulders. "Aw, dad, so proud of himself. He gets into movies for like a quarter." Josh told us. He chuckled and then dropped Auggie on the couch before walking up to us.