Girl Meets Maya's and Dylan's Mother

I sat in my art class, which I had with Maya, Riley, and the rest of my class. "Why draw fruit?" Farkle said, entering the room. I took note he was wearing a robe. "Let's draw a real work of art. That's right. Check out 48 lbs of nasty." Farkle continued, taking off his robe. "No!" Maya, Riley, and I shouted in sync, while I covered Riley's eyes. I then noticed that Farkle wasn't naked, he was wearing a red and black stripped tank top with shorts.

"Well! Looky here. The male physique." The art teacher, who I don't know the name of said. "Why thank you, art lady." Farkle thanked. "Why aren't we drawing Lucas?" Riley asked. The art teacher took a good look at Lucas. "Because nobody looks like that." She said, and walked over to Farkle, "Get used to this. Get used to this right now. When drawing a Farkle, start with the eyes." "I think the eyes should go straight to the gun show." Farkle said, flexing his not so muscle-y arms.

"Maya, you're supposed to concentrate on the eyes." Riley told her. I looked away from my artwork to Maya's to see her not focusing on the eyes. "See, you know what my problem is? I don't listen." Maya told us, "By the way, Riley you're drawing Lucas." "Oh." Riley said. She chuckled. "Well, that's the first time I've ever done that." Riley said. I gave her an amused look. "First time?" I asked. I turned a few of the pages in Riley's sketch pad and all the pages had Lucas on them. "Do I need help?" Riley asked. I shrugged.

"All right, I know these are works in progress, but let's see where we are." The art teacher said. "Maybe we'll become famous artists. We'll go to Paris, drink coffee in outdoor cafes." Riley said. "Riley. I love you, but. I'm not an artist," I told her. She shrugged and did a pose like she was drinking something. "How do I look?" She asked. Maya began to hum a tune and drew something in her sketch pad. She held up the picture she just drew. It was of Riley in a Paris drinking coffee, with a speech bubble that said: "I'm in Paris!" I giggled. "Fine, make fun of me." Riley said.

"I am a serious artist who belongs in Paris." Riley said, as Lucas walked up to us, "Bonjour, Lucas." "Bonjour, Riley," Lucas greeted. He began to say something in French. I looked up at him in confusion, since I didn't catch that. "Bonjour, Lucas." Riley repeated, when she was finished.

"Oh my gosh." The art teacher said, appearing behind us. "See? I am an artist. I am finally something." Riley said, looking at her art piece. "Maya." The teacher said. "What a life I'm having." Riley said, in an annoyed expression. "I know honey," I told her. "Maya. My goodness. This is brilliant!" The teacher said, holding up Maya'a art piece. I noticed Farkle was in a bird nest. "Farkle is in a bird's nest." I told the teacher. Not in a mean way, but. More in a confused way.

"It's a work of surrealism, Dylan. It's how this artist's mind views the subject." The teacher told me. I nodded. "I'm a bird to you?" Farkle asked. "No, you just. Need to be protected." Maya told him. "You love me." Farkle said. "Leave me alone." Maya said, pointing at him. "Maya, there's a school exhibit coming up. I want one of your pieces in it." The teacher told her. "What about my piece?" Riley asked. The teacher chuckled. "That's a cute top." She complimented Riley. "It is a cute top," I told her. Riley glared at me. I gave her a small smile.

"No thanks, Miss Kossal." Maya started. That was her name! "I don't draw for other people to look at, but thank you." Maya said. "I'd appreciate you thinking about it, okay?" Miss Kossal asked. She turned to me. "Dylan-" She started. "Miss Kossal, if you're gonna ask me to submit my art to the exhibit, please don't. It is nothing compared to Maya's," I told her, cutting her off. "Oh, no. I wasn't going to ask you that. It's just that every art piece also has a written page to tell everyone what the art is supposed to mean. And seeing Maya's writing, I know. That she is not a writer. But I have read your writing from other teachers. I would appreciate you to write a written page for Maya if she does do the exhibit," She told me.