Girl Meets Game Night

Maya and I ran into the Matthews apartment. "Did you tell them yet? Did he freak?" I asked Riley. "Did she tell you? Did you freak? Show me what you did. Freak out for us." Maya asked Cory. "Why would I freak out? I don't freak out." Cory said, "What did you do?!" I heard the door open and turned around to see Auggie and Josh.

"Family game night, now with extra family." Auggie said, gesturing to Josh. "Well, hello." Maya said, while twirling a piece of her hair. "Well, hello." Auggie said, twirling a piece of his hair. I giggled at Maya's failed flirting strategy. "Auggie didn't want to miss game night. We never made it out of the city." Josh told us, "Oh, here's your money." Josh handed Cory one dollar. "Hey, this is a dollar. I gave you a hundred." Cory told him.

"With that kind of money, you think we're not gonna buy steaks?" Josh asked, as if it was obvious. "Thank you, papa." Auggie said, while patting his tummy. "Did you bring me some steaks?" I asked Josh. "No," He replied, shaking his head. "Boo!" I shouted, pointing at him. "You know what? My brother!" Cory shouted at Josh. "My brother!" Josh shouted back. "Listen, you're here for game night. You're family, you're in." Cory told him.

The intercom buzzed. "Farkle." Farkle said. "And Lucas," Lucas said. I felt my heart stop, when I heard his voice. But I couldn't let the whole liking Lucas thing change me. Or else everyone will get suspicious. And Maya already is. "Come on up." Riley said. The intercom buzzed again. "Topanga. It's happening. I thought we had a few more years." Cory said. "Calm down." Topanga told him. "No calm. It's happening right now. Riley invited her friends to family game night." Cory said, nervously. "So? We're all family," I said. Cory just stared at me. "Okay," I said, nervously and walked over to the couch.

"Riley, shnookums. Um, you're gonna have to start to prioritize what's more important to you, your family, huh? Or your friends? There is only one right answer." Cory told her. "Why do I-" Riley started. "Wrong answer." Cory said, cutting her off. "Have to choose between-" Riley continued, but was cut off again. "Wrong answer." Cory said. "Let her finish, Matthews," I told him. "I love my friends and I want to hang out with my friends." Riley said. There was a knock on the door. Riley walked over to it and opened it. "Welcome to family game night, friends." Riley greeted Lucas and Farkle. "Wrong, wrong, wrong answer." Cory said.

~~~~~~~~

My friends and I were sitting by the table with our heads in our hands and were listening in on Cory's conversation with Topanga. "Get rid of them." Cory ordered. "Why do you have to be you all the time?" I asked. "You think it's easy? Say goodbye to your daughter, honey. She has chosen her friends over her family." Cory said. "Why can't we just play with her friends?" Topanga asked. "Because Topanga, the second she allowed Dr. Turtleneck and Mr. Howdy into our household, our family was compromised by interlopers." Cory told her.

"Maybe we could just come back another time." Lucas said. "Maybe you should, Mr. Howdy," I told him. "Oh, yeah, we don't have walls. I told you we needed walls, Topanga." Cory said.

Josh walked up to Farkle and Lucas. "Dr. Turtleneck, I presume." Josh said. "How could you tell?" Farkle asked. "Oh, because you just seem like a doctor to me." Josh replied, looking down at Farkle's turtleneck. "Thank you." Farkle said. "And you must be..." Josh begun, looking at Lucas. "Howdy." Lucas told him. They shook his hand/ Cory then grabbed the board game box and showed it to us.

"See this? The family game. The game for families. Not the friends game, a game for friends. I saw that game. I didn't buy that game." Cory told Topanga, "I bought this one because I used to have a family." "You are so dramatic," I told him. "Will you stop?" Topanga asked. "How could she choose her friends over us? I mean, did they burp her? Did they change her diapers?" Cory questioned. "We haven't yet, but we will when she's old." Farkle answered the question. "Speak for yourself, honey. I know that I have the absolute love and loyalty of my children who like me fine and always will."