Bucky's fur baby

It has been about two weeks since Tony has found more of his family. Sally and Paul are adjusting to not only being complete healed but now living in the compound. Estelle is loving the extra attention she gets from the various members of the Avengers. Her favorite person to climb in their lap is Loki, which shocks him and his smiles and will magic a fairy tale book and read to her. Percy and Annabeth had gone back to camp.

Michelle is at the compound working because Bucky had asked her as he had therapy that morning and wanted to spend time with her after. They already had their first date and kiss at this point. As they are both still figuring each other out. Michelle was happy to spend time at the compound as Tony had all of her nieces and nephews there that week to help give their parents and grandmother a break. There have not been any missions that the Avengers would need to get involved with. After the battle with Thano,  the Untied Nations revisited the Accords that cause the break up of the Avengers three years earlier. Shield being rebuild during that time helped the bring the choice of the Avengers being under the control of Shield. the good thing with Shield and the Avengers being partners with each other is that Tony does their background checks and he keeps an eye on the agents of Shield to make sure HYDRA does not get a foot hold in again.

Michelle is sitting in the main communal living room. In the room with her is Loki reading with Estelle sitting on his lap. Sally is working on her laptop writing her latest book. Paul has been offered a job teaching at the community college near by, so he is working on the syllabus for the classes he will be teaching. The college will also pay for him to get a higher degree to become a professor. Michelle's oldest nieces are there two working on products for their online shop.

Lunch is just about ready and those in the living room head to the dinning room to eat together. Tony and Steve had come to agree that everyone does not have to eat at the same time but can if they chose to but one dinner a week they all have to eat together as a family. Bucky comes in and heads into the dinning room and sees the seat next to Michelle is empty and sits in it. Michelle: "Hello Cutie." Bucky smiling: "Hi Doll" He kisses her cheek. Michelle: "Good therapy session or bad one?" Bucky with the a platter of sandwiches in his left hand: "good one she recommends I get a emotional support animal." Steve is sitting across and three seats down from Bucky: "Wow Buck so are going to get one and what he was going to get?" Bucky: "Honestly I am not sure. I do see the benefits of having one from the reading material she has given me." Michelle: "Bucky, Finn is an emotional support animal. Honestly, most of the vets who have one got them at the local shelter, well those with cats and dogs. We can go and see if any pick you. That is the most important that they pick you." Bucky:" What do you mean that they pick me. Don't I get to pick?" Michelle:" Animals are smarter than people understand if an animal does not trust a person, you should not do so yourself. The one that chooses you knows they are to help you. Finn picked me out of his litter mates. All I did was sit with the litter and waited for one to cone to me." Steve:" Where did you get Finn from anyway?" Michelle:" Finn is like me a child of the hunt. The hunt is divided into different groups. The Knights who are immortal and there is the hounds of the hunt who were the last wolf pack in England and are immortal too. Finn is a child of the hounds and I am a child of the Knights. Those are the last two groups." Tony:" Wait, Finn is a wolf?" Michelle:" Yes what you see now is his mask when we are at home he is in his true form. He is only bigger that wolf that was standing next to me during the battle was Finn. Bucky we can go to the local shelter and see what they have and what wants to help you. For me, Finn drew me to him, and he came to me. The good thing is all the animals there are taken well care of." Bucky: "How do you know they are well taking care of Michelle?" Michelle:" Simple its part of my brother Patrick's veterinarian practice. He and his staff take care of the animals there. They even take in those who would be put down in other shelters. Patrick cannot not try to save an animal life but he does know when there is no hope and will put it to sleep. His method is great because he does not just inject the final dose put puts the animal under anesthesia than he puts that fatal does into their heart and waits under the heart is no longer beating. No matter what the animal was he and his other veterinarians do the same they all carry something to either make a nose print or a paw or hoof print fot that person." Bucky: "Wow so when can we go?"

All of sudden Michelle's phone went off she looks at it, it reads Paddy. Michelle: "What's up buttercup?" Michelle listen to her brother reply "So you are on your way here to get the kids, ok. How was the rescue of the animals? Again Michelle listens to his reply "So why are you coming straight here before you check out the animals at the clinic and check their health before you contact your fosters?" Again she listens she puts her phone on speaker. Patrick voice: "I am heading there because I feel the need to bring these animals there first before my staff and myself give them their check ups. To be honest Michelle I feel like I have too bring them like I have no choice to do so. I cannot explain it." Michelle: "Well here it the funny thing Bucky's therapist just recommend he get an emotional support animal. Now you are bringing a bunch here to the compound. I think I can explain the fates have animal in mind for him. So what do you have in the horse trailer Big Brother?" Paddy: " I have in the horse trailer thirty cats in various condition some look a little rough. I have one very beautiful Maine Coon who is in bad condition. I really want to check him out. I had to put him in the cab of my truck with me I fear he is about to lost one of his nine lives or he is on his last one." Michelle:" Did you use any of your magic on him? "Paddy:" Yep but I can't do much or I can harm myself. I have him sort of stable. I can't keep using magic and drive. I will be there in about twenty OK" Michelle: "Ok drive safe see you soon." Michelle looks at Tony: "Can we use the medical lab to check this kitty cat?" Tony: "Sure but the equipment is for humans and human shape." Michelle:" Did you not treat a talking trash panda and a walking talking tree?" Tony: "No they were treated on their ship." Michelle:" Ok But can we still use the lab?" Tony nods his head yes.

Friday announces that Paddy has arrived. Michelle runs out with Bucky walking behind her with Steve and the rest close behind them. Michelle jumps on the horse trailer and starts to open it. Michelle: "Awww you poor babies." She turns to the truck and runs to her big brother and jumps him in a hug. "Grab that poor baby and lets gets him checked out." Paddy a 6 foot 3 inch tall man who is build like a linebacker with dark brown hair that long to his ears with the same hazel eyes as Michelle. His skin is the same color as Michelle. Paddy smiles as he gives her a huge bear hug. Michelle gasps: Too tight can't breathe." He lets go and turns around to the open door to pull out a cat carrier. Michelle bends down to look at him. Her eyes started glowing and a light appears around the cat carrier. When the glow around the cat carrier, everyone hears a loud meow. She opens the carrier and jumps out a skinny dirty white Maine Coon. Michelle: "Poor baby do you feel better now?" The cat looks around and sees Bucky and walks over to him and starts to rub on his leg. Michelle smiles at Bucky: "Well there is your emotional support animal." He bends down and picks up the cat and it starts to purr. Bucky gets the biggest smile anyone has seen but Steve who has not seen that smile since before the war.