Ch 1: '(Y/n) Midoriya: Dark Origins'

[Before we start, this is a reupload of the book that was on my original account. Wattpad took it down, but I was able to save it thanks to some awesome people. Wattpad won't let me bring up the name of the person through normal methods, so, Ghost-of-Sparta, you, my guy, are a legend for doing this! I really appreciate it, and I'm sure a lot of others do as well! Now, back to the chapter, I hope you all can still read it even though you've seen it before lol]

[Alright, so currently I already have a My Hero Academia book, but I would say that one is directed toward a smaller audience. I've been enjoying the anime and want to deliver a really cool book that can bring in a larger audience. I think I really have a cool idea here. Basically, you're Midoriya, but, like, if he was cool and more serious. Anyway, it'll be explained in the book. Who knows, it might be something you like. This book will be serious and dark at times, but it'll still have fun to it. I just want that to be known. Anyway... Here we go!]

[Before we start, want to mention that there will be abusive content in this chapter. Physical abuse only, nothing more. Anyway, yeah, just thought I should give you all a warning.]
__________________________________________________________________________________

[Your POV]

"S-Stop it. You... You can't hurt my Mommy! Stop... OR I'LL NEVER FORGIVE YOU!"

Those were the very words that came from my little four-year-old brother's mouth as he stood between our beaten mother, and the abusive monster that was supposed to be her boyfriend. He was the only thing that stopped this monster from hurting her any further. And yet, not once did he hesitate to jump in and save the day. Then again... That's what we always imagined doing when we were kids. Playing the hero. Running in to save the day.

Help those who couldn't help themselves. I only wish this very moment was just that... Something I imagined. But I've come to understand, as the years went on by, that the world isn't a happy place. It's a torturous, bleak, dark world full of misery and suffering. Misery and suffering that seemed to plague my life ever since that night, 11 years ago, when me and my brother woke up to the sound of our Mother screaming.

"STOP! PLEASE! STOP!"

Her cries were enough to wake me out of my sleep. For a six-year-old boy, however, when you hear your Mother screaming downstairs, you don't know what to think. Not at first. Did she have a bad dream? Was she sad about something? You don't really know. But you know something was wrong, so there wasn't much hesitation to help. I still remember the look Izuku gave me, as we sat up in our beds that perfectly faced off against one another on each side of the room.

I could tell, by the look in his eyes, that he was scared. Scared more than I could ever be. Now I had two people who needed my help, and with no Dad, it was my duty to take care of this problem. What sucked was... I was scared too. But I was forced to hide it behind a soft smile as I looked through the dark room at my little brother. I was forced to tell him a lie that night. A lie I didn't believe myself. And as the years went by, it became a lie I very much regretted. Yet, I still said it.

(Y/n): "It's alright. Everything is going to be okay."

But everything wouldn't be alright. Such was only confirmed when I saw it with my own eyes, as I stood atop the stairs to look down through the railing, the haunting sight of my Mother, Inko Midoriya, lying on the ground. Blood poured from her head as the back of her supposed boyfriend faced me. His loud, angry voice flooded the air, but I didn't hear a single world he said. I was too swallowed in the fear I felt. The fear of seeing my loving, kind Mother, lie on the ground screaming for help.

But through the begging. Through the tears. My mother's kind, loving, instincts kicked in. At least, that's what I like to think. For as she cried and begged, out of the corner of her eye she spotted me. Looking down from above, from the shadows, with a look of complete shock on my face. I don't know exactly when the fear inside of me become such a heavy burden that I couldn't move. But it did. And it left me unable to do anything else but watch, as seconds prolonged themselves, so I could look into the sad eyes of my Mother.