Ch 4: 'The Only Thing That Matters'

[And onto chapter 4 we go. Honestly, after writing last week's chapter, I really wanted to start work on this one. It's been fun getting into this book, and it feels like it's progressing nicely, which is cool. I'm also deliberately slowly watching the anime so I can get a real vibe of the show whilst not going too far ahead where I forget certain ideas I have. So, all in all, everythingseems to be going according to plan, hopefully now that we're in U.A. we can kick this thing into another gear.]
__________________________________________________________________________________

[Your POV] 

The night after I opened my acceptance letter, All Might finally made contact with me. I was a little sceptical on it all. I mean, I got into U.A. so my attempt at keeping my promise to Izuku was on track. But after the way I acted when my letter didn't arrive straight away, I started growing worried that perhaps I was getting more attached to the idea of attending a hero school instead of doing what really matters in the long run. Nevertheless, as cold winds brush against my face, I now find myself standing on the sandy shores I had come to know in the last week of my training with the number one hero. Speak of which, his frail exterior was the only thing I currently laid my eyes on as I waited for him to speak first. 

All Might: "Congrats on getting accepted." 

(Y/n): "Uh, thanks. I, um... I wasn't really thinking about it much." 

That was a lie. It was all I could think about, unfortunately. But All Might didn't need to know that.

(Y/n): "S-So...What did you want to speak to me about? Especially here of all places?" [Chuckles] "I don't think I wanna see abeach for a while after cleaning this shitheap u--" 

All Might: "Language!" 

(Y/n): "H-Huh? Oh! Right. So...You wanted to see me?" 

Boy, I sounded like a school kid. Then again, I technically am one. But still, just sounding this way wasn't something I was exactly a fan of. 

All Might: "I asked you here because I wanted to congratulate you on getting accepted, and to let you know I didn't tell the school of our connection." 

(Y/n): "Oh...W-Why not? Hehe... Wouldn't that be something the school would need to know? You know, me being your successor or whatever?" 

All Might: "Well, I thought you'd probably think that was cheating, right? You seem like that kind of person who would?" 

(Y/n): [Thoughts] "Not when it means helping with what I have planned, no." [Out loud] "Uh, yeah. Y-You know it. Haha..." 

For reasons unknown, despite the way we met, All Might seems to see me as just an overage kid in this world looking to use his powers to help people. Of course, he doesn't know my true intentions, and I plan to keep it that way. So, whilst in reality, I'm slowly working my way through just another hurdle in order to truly save this world. In the eyes of All Might, I'm just some generic kid looking to be like any other happy sappy Super Hero. But if that keeps him at ease, and not questioning my true intentions, I'll continue to play the role if I must. 

All Might: "Anyway, while you're in U.A. I'll be able to keep a closer eye on you. So, if you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask alright?"

(Y/n): "Oh, that's right. You're a teacher at U.A. now, huh?" 

All Might: [Chuckles] "I know. I get a little surprised when I think about it too." [Sighs] "Oh, well, we do what me must in this life. Right?" 

(Y/n): "Yeah...Right." 

Whether All Might meant that phrase for one thing or another, little did he know just how much I agreed with what he said. In life, as heroes, and as normal people, we will do what we must. Whether that be to get to a place on time. To protect those we care about. Or to make up for pastmistakes. In the end, we will do what we must. It's in our genes. And me? I'm no different. So as I take my first steps through those school gates tomorrow, I will do whatever I must to become a ProHero, and truly save the world. Just likeIzuku would have wanted.