Ch 21: 'Remember To Forget Me'

[So it finally happened. The fight between the reader and Kaito...It happened...And you guys seemed to like the way. Within the span of four days, the chapter has over 1.8k reads and over 300 votes! The most this book has ever made in such a short time. So thank you everyone, I'm glad this book is able to reach even more heights that the original couldn't even acquire. Truly motivates me to keep this book going, but, even with the fight between the reader and Kaito being over, we still have some time left to go before the Sports Festival ARC is done and dusted. There's still much more to go through. Who will win? What is the form of 'Fear Third'? And will Midnight get with the reader? All very important questions that will be answered over time. So, without being said...Let's get right into it.]
__________________________________________________________________________________

[Your POV]

It was finally over. When it first happened, I didn't exactly know what to do. Walking from the field as a wave of cheers and shock flooded the air, I couldn't barely think about what had just happened. Yet, even so, I knew that my worries with Kaito were now gone. The mere sight of his unconscious, lifeless body, lying in the ground behind me, showcased exactly that. I couldn't help but grin to myself as I entered the tunnel to leave a world full of awe for everyone left outside. But my smile didn't fade, it only grew. For the further I walked down the tunnel, I was eventually greeted by the sight of Kaito's father standing silently. 

Yet, I knew this sense of silence was merely the open door to showcase just how he felt right now. His son had been defeated, by the person he bullied as a kid. Add in the over confidence Kato felt for his son beforehand, and, well, it wasn't hard to think up of what type of emotions he currently felt. A part of me just wanted to keep quiet myself and walk passed, as if I didn't even notice him, because he was nothing but an afterthought to me. However, the words of my mother struck me once more. 'Do it for you'. 

For once, she wanted me to be selfish in life and do something I wanted. I did that with Kaito. But, you know what? He wasn't the only one to ruin my childhood. Itijam Kato played a part in that as well, so, why not have a little fun with him too? So, that's exactly what I did. The more we grew closer, the more my our eyes connected. Until eventually there was no looking passed it. Without a moment of hesitation I stopped right by the side of the businessman and said a group of words that I'd remember for the rest of my life. But no sentence came even close to delivering such a sweetness than the final one that came from my lips.

"I'll need him to beg..." [Grins] "...Like a dog."

As soon as those words were put out into the air, I turned my attention back to the end of the tunnel and continued walking, already knowing I had a wave of cheers and joyous remarks from Bakugo and my other friends I needed to get through before putting my focus onto the next fight I had. As for Kato, I don't know what he did next. But...I didn't care. I didn't care about him. About Kaito. About nothing that once brought misery to my life as a kid. Now, I was ready to move on. To start a new life. To not be held back by the pain and suffering I got from Izuku's death, but to simply use it as a means to drive my dream forward. But before I did that...I still had a festival to win.

[3rd Person POV]

But, of course, before (Y/n) could get to that prestigious moment, there were still plenty of other fights to go through the final rounds of the One-on-One battles. Following his match, the likes of Iida Vs. Shiozaki; Tokoyami Vs. Todoroki; and Bakugo Vs. Kirishima were still to take place, and boy did they deliver in a sense. About twenty minutes after (Y/n)'s match, which was filled with the previously mentioned cheers and joyous remarks from his friends, it eventually came time for the second fight to take place, and that fight contained none other than Iida.