Ch 29: 'One For All'

[...So I'm finally back after taking a few weeks off. And, for once, I did it out of my own choice. Mainly due to the book feeling like a drag when it comes to responses and how it feels like it's being received by me when I compare it to the earlier days when it was doing even better than it is now. Its still good, but there's a noticeable drop and as someone who puts a lot of passion into writing these stories...It sucks to feel that way. But I'm not going to say any more about it. I just wanted to explain why I didn't upload the last two weeks and where my head is at now. So despite all that, I hope you can enjoy with what I've brought you all today. Have fun with it!]

[We finally reach the climax of this ARC! This chapter is...INCREDIBLE!]
__________________________________________________________________________________

[Your POV]

Defeat can take a lot out of someone. I feel like I'm starting to understand that. But whilst defeat can take a lot out of you, it can also give you something in return. Understanding. An understanding of when you need to improve, and an understanding of when you need to ask for help. Now, for most of my life I've always tried to hold back from doing that second one. Not out of cockiness, or thinking that I am better than someone else. But mainly due to the regrets I hold in the past. Because of the times when I needed help and someone did something I couldn't... They paid the price. 

And since that moment it's haunted me to the point I felt like me asking someone to help was a burden on them, more so than it was for me. So I decided to train myself. To push my body to its limits. That if something needed to be done, I'd do it. And if my body wasn't able to, I'd make it. However, all it took was a single fight with Stain for me to realize that sometimes I can't do everything by myself. And don't get me wrong, I tried. I did everything I possibly could to beat him. But Stain...He's unlike any person I've fought before. He's quicker than me. He's stronger than me. 

And his will to bring about a twisted form of heroic justice is something I can barely comprehend. It's because of all of that, that I almost found myself coming to meet Izuku sooner than I'm supposed to. Thankfully for me, I was given a second chance. I was on the doorstep of heaven, about to meet my maker. But the will inside of me, a will to finish the leftover business with Stain, allowed me to come back. And this time around, I'm done messing around. I'm going to do everything I need to do to beat Stain and keep this city safe from him. Even if it meant getting on my knees and screaming for help...

[3rd Person POV]

"...So...Please... PLEASE TEACH ME EVERYTHING YOU KNOW ABOUT ONE FOR ALL! PLEASE!"

The words and screams were still freshly imprinted on Gran Torino's mind. The sight of someone who was once confident in his own ways, coming to realize his mistakes, was something he didn't expect from a teenager. But seeing someone so young like (Y/n) Midoriya finding it in himself to humble every part of his being in order to get some help in defeating a seemingly invincible enemy was more than enough to shake the retired hero to his core when he first saw it. Heck! Even remembering it was enough to cause goosebumps to slowly rise on his skin. But all it took was for him to open his eyes to see that it was nothing more than a memory. 

The thought was enough to calm the old man down. Though, upon opening his eyes, he saw the patient gaze of the very boy who had screamed with all his soul. (Y/n) Midoriya, the student from U.A., and the next heir for One For All, currently found himself seated on the couch belonging to Gran Torino. It's a spot he had been using as a bed for the past few days as he trained with Gran Torino, of course, using only One For All. However, whereas (Y/n) had problems with such in the past, he now had newfound respect for the power, as he slowly came to grasp it bit by bit.