Ch 23: 'When I Was Young'

[20k! CHAPTER! 20K! CHAPTER! 20K WORDS OF...AWESOMENESS!!!]

[Alright, so... For the first time, in like, eight weeks, a chapter failed to crack over 220 votes in 24 hours, heck, it didn't even make the 200 mark. Plus, it also didn't reach 100 comments within that time. Normally it's far surpassed that. So, in that regard, I consider that chapter a failure. Now, I don't know when this chapter will be released. But due to slow performances, I'll normally extend an update time to a later point to help me work out what didn't click for the previous chapter. Now, this chapter is a lot like the last. With few moments of talking and mostly action, but there are a few big things that take place in this chapter will definitely make it a whole lot more unique. So, hopefully this clicks with you all, because it's always a good thing to see a book do well, and you don't want it to drop. So, let's see how we go with this one!]

[A return to form, people! This chapter is a BANGER!!!]
___________________________________________________________________________________

[Your POV]

When I was young...I went through a tragedy like no other. At least, from my point of view. I witnessed, in the front row seat, my mother lying on the ground. Her face was bruised as she was hit by a person...no, not a person...a monster. A monster who claimed his love to her, only to spit it in her face. Pain and torment ruined her face as she begged for her life to the monster towering over her. I stood in silence and watched from the top of the stairs with my little brother as we witnessed our own Mother bashed around like she was nothing. It was a frightening sight. One that made me clench my hand in anger. Yet, I did nothing...I was too afraid.

Even as tears ran down my eyes, I was too afraid to wipe them away. I witnessed a horrifying sight unlike any other, and yet...This wasn't the worst of it. Because whereas my body was controlled by fear, fear did not control my brother. Despite being only five years old, Izuku Midoriya, a person who aspired to be a hero just like All Might, rushed head-first into danger. I didn't recognize it until it was too late. The sight of him standing between our mother and the monster who dared to attack her. He was so brave, whilst I...I was too afraid. But what hurt me the most that day, was not being unable to move. 

It was the fact, that I knew, that if I had noticed Izuku moving sooner, I would have stopped him. I would have grabbed his arm and held him back. I would have stopped him from reaching his dream...Of being a hero. I would have held him back. Not because I was afraid he'd get hurt. But that I was afraid to be alone. Our Mother was getting hurt, I didn't want someone else to get hurt and leave me alone. I hated myself every day for thinking that. That's why I feel, even though as of late I've come to conquer my fear, there's always a slither of it left intake that keeps from properly overcoming it. All lead me to this moment right now.

"Fear...THIRD!"

The words left my mouth as the cheers of the crowd grew louder and louder. They witnessed my body form and expand in a way unlike any other. My entire body, shifting to a clear greenish colour" that was simply put as a living being made up of aura. Green eyes carved out around the head. No sign of legs were seen. Just a hovering mist that kept my body afloat. The most shocking of it all, the four hands that appeared from multiple parts of my body. I no longer carried any form that reminded people that I was a human. Because right now, I wasn't human, I was fear...The living embodiment of it all.

I was without speech. Without movement. I just hovered there. My eyes focused directly on Shoto Todoroki. My opponent who at this point seemed to perfectly match every attack I had planned for him. All led me to this moment. Where I could finally get the upper hand. I knew that because despite him believing he was stronger than me. Or the fact that he could handle everything I threw at him at this very moment. There was something he had, that everyone had, that held them back from truly being perfect. And that one thing...That one thing that brought us all to our knees on one occasion or another...Was fear.