Ch 31: 'King In Green'

[...Okay...Something I want to say before we get into this chapter. I asked a question on my conversation board the other day about out of my books, how would my followers rank them. Anywho, one person who ranked them gave some reasoning behind his choices. And for ANTI-HERO he said it felt a little slow. And honestly... I completely agree with that. Especially for this arc. It's taken quite a few chapters and during that time the book has fallen off. 

And it makes me not want to write it sometimes. Now, the reason why I'm bringing all of this up is because I'm going to try something different once this arc is finished! Which should be done after chapter 32. Basically, I want to bring a more fast-paced approach in a way that hopefully makes it stick well, whilst not feeling rushed in the sense it ruins the story. So, yeah, a new approach to get excited for.  Cool? Alright, well, in that case... Let's get into the chapter, and quite possibly, the final one for this very long arc]
__________________________________________________________________________________

[Your POV]

Chaos. That was the one word that ran through my mind as I launched from roof to roof above the carnage that had been brought to the streets down below. From this height up, I was able to see the walls of flames that blocked off this part of the city from the rest of Tokyo. And with the flooding of smoke from those flames, the bright lights from the stars above began to fade. It seemed like all was already lost in this sudden attack from an enemy I had yet to face. 

But I didn't waver in my conviction to find the person responsible for this mess...and stop him. In the few minutes, it took from me to leave Gran Torino with the passengers on the derailed train, to using the feats of One For All to maneuver through the city as quickly as I could, I realized full well that this battle was one step up from the attack at USJ. There were innocent people here. Plenty of casualties could, and have, happened because of this. 

And with the sighting of that Nomu who attacked the train, it was fair to say that the person behind it was that man with the decayed hand covering his face. Whoever he was, and however he created such vile monsters, in the end, it didn't matter. Because at the end of the day, he was a human just like the rest of us. And as I've come to understand lately, all of us fear, the only thing going for me is... I knew how to use that fear as a weapon.

[3rd Person POV]

As the thoughts of stopping Shigaraki flooded through (Y/n)'s mind, the young boy continued to use the energy of One For All currently circulating through his legs to launch from a building rooftop to a street sign, to anything he could use to keep up this fast momentum.

(Y/n): [Thoughts] "Gotta keep moving. Gotta go faster. I know he's around here somewhere. I can't just let him get away with all of this. After all, I gave him one chance to run away, this time around, no one's running from shi--"

Out of nowhere, (Y/n)'s entire thought process was thrown off when something large, and strong, launched out of nowhere to tackle the young hero out of midair. The entire instance went down so quickly that before a grunt from the sudden contact could escape his lips, an entire groan of pain came crashing from the bottom of his stomach as his body was sent into the side of a parked car placed on the opposite side of the street.

BLAM!

The rumbling sound occurred simultaneously with (Y/n)'s body smashing into the front driver's side door. The entire door, and the surrounding area of the car immediately imploded, creating quite the dint that (Y/n) had a feeling wouldn't buff out so easily. But the damage of the car was the last thing on (Y/n)'s mind as he struggled to gather his thoughts in one place. After all, he had so much to think about.