Ch 5: 'Fighting The Gravity'

[Last week's chapter did extraordinarily, I seem to be writing something you guys like, and that's really cool. So not much this week other than a simple thank you from me here, I hope you end up enjoying this chapter just as much or even before. So, get your socks, because this week it's THE READER... VS... THE GUY NO ONE CARES ABOUT!!!]
__________________________________________________________________________________

[Your POV]

You know, I guess I expected some kind of response when I walked out in the costume I had chosen. And sure, some second glances or a pile of shock were bound to come my way. But I didn't expect everyone to still be looking at me like I was the centre of attention. That's exactly the last thing I wanted, yet now, I'm forced to just stand here, ignore the looks coming my way, and just hope things can move along. Though, of course, moving along wasn't one of the things to come when you have a friend like Bakugo in life. It wasn't long until the familiar voice entered the air.

Bakugo: "Dude! What the hell, bro? Why didn't you tell me?!"

(Y/n): "Tell you what?"

Bakugo: "Uh, for one! The fact you did a cool entrance without ya boy!"

Of course, he's annoyed about that. Though, before I could respond. He was quick to punch my arm yet again.

Bakugo: "And secondly! You designed such a badass costume and you didn't even let me see it first!"

(Y/n): [Chuckles] "Are you seriously that mad about this?"

Bakugo: "Dude! I feel like my Dad when I told Mom he snuck in pizza to the house during her 'cleansing week'."

(Y/n): "Damn. That bad?"

I didn't necessarily need an answer to that one if what Bakugo said was indeed true. Now, don't get me wrong, I like Bakugo's Mom. She's nice and caring, despite the resemblance to her son. But she can quickly be loud and rather frustrated easily. But she was not as frustrated as she was the day one of her 'girlfriends', as she liked to call it, brought up this fitness food program. And, of course, with Bakugo's Mom being a part of the inner circle of neighbourhood moms, she was down to put her family through the torture.

Though, to no one's surprise, Bakugo and his Dad were not so willing. Of course, Bakugo found no such problem in making his frustrations known to his Mother. His Father on the other hand, well, it was safe to say he feared his wife more than any husband probably should. Long story short, he couldn't last more than a few days before he crumbled and ordered a pizza, and when Bakugo's Mom found out about such, again, thanks to Bakugo, well, it was safe to say Mr. Bakugo was in the doghouse for a good while.

Bakugo: "But that matters little right now. What matters is-"

"(Y/n)?"

(Y/n): "Huh?"

Before I was even in the process of turning around, I was cut off by the look that crossed Bakugo's face. A smug grin mixed with a narrowed gaze was all I needed to know to confirm who was behind me. Finally, upon turning around, my suspicions were confirmed. There, behind me, stood Iida, who looked like a Transformer, and Uraraka, the latter the one to call my name. But the noticeable thing of it all was the fact she was seemingly struggling to look at me. Before I could properly register it, a helpful pat on the back and a suggestive whisper from Bakugo cut me off.

Bakugo: [Whispers] "That's it, my child, fish. Fish, I say!"

(Y/n): "Dude!"Bakugo: "You'll thank me later!"

The final remark to come from Bakugo as he turned around, and thankfully, walked away. However, that did just leave me with Iida and Uraraka. As much as I would have loved to have kept my mask on to hide my facial expressions from them, talking with it on wasn't exactly one of the costume's strong points. In the end, I took off the mask and allowed it to hang over the back of my head. Giving me room to properly breathe, whilst allowing Uraraka and Iida to properly look at me.