Ch 12: 'Hungover You'

[THE FINAL CHAPTER BEFORE A BRAND NEW ONE NEXT WEEK!!!]

[Before we start just a massive thank you for last week's chapter! It did absolutely incredibly, you guys really seemed to like the chapter. A chapter which I thought may divide people. But you seem to enjoy it, which just makes me even more pumped up to continue writing this book. And, now, we can finally get into the Sports Festival! So stay tuned! Because there's going to be fights! Bro-Downs! And girls trying to get with the boy they like even though it's obvious that other girls also want to get with him! Oh, yeah! So, sit back, relax, finger paint if you want, and let's get straight into today's chapter!]
__________________________________________________________________________________

[Your POV]

After everything with Uraraka, I found myself in a blank state for the rest of the day. I was so caught up on what she said that I couldn't help but think about it. She was working so hard, not for herself, but for her family. It made me look back at all the times she tried desperately to be my friend, those times were perhaps the only ones she wanted to do something for herself. After all, she came to U.A. for her parents. Upon realizing such, I made a mental note to be more considerate of others' goals. 

But I'd also use those goals to drive me forward in my own. The rest of the school day went by pretty quickly. Though, just as I was about to leave for home, I was pulled aside by All Might. I didn't exactly know what he wanted to talk about. But this was the first time I had seen him since every that happened at USJ. Now I found myself seated across from him in his office, two separate cups of tea placed between us as he gave me some shocking news. 

(Y/n): "Only fifty minutes?!"

The words left my mouth before I could even realize it. Then again, after witnessing so much from a hero my brother looked up to, to hear that he could only hold his heroic duties from 3 hours to fifty minutes, truly showcased the limits he went to in fighting Nomu. 

All Might: "Yeah... That's the limit to how long I can use my power now. I overdid it too many times. That Nomu was a tough opponent. And it hurt... I can barely maintain muscle form for 1.5 hours now." 

At this moment, I didn't know what to say. Hearing such news was something Istruggled to believe. It left me in yet another blank state of mind. 

All Might: "What about you? How are your injuries holding up?" 

(Y/n): "Uh, yeah... Pretty good, I guess. My arm still hurts a little. But the week off did good for it." 

All Might: "Good. I'm glad. Such a situation you put yourself in, even at my own dispense, was something no person your age should go through." 

Oh, trust me. I've got a pretty good idea about that one. 

All Might: "Now, onto other news, the reason I asked you here today. The sports festival..." 

(Y/n): "The sports festival? What about it?" 

All Might: "Well, I understand you still cannot control One For All properly, right?" 

(Y/n): [Scratches back of head] "Yeah. W-When I went to punch Nomu with it, it did nothing. I had to combine both of myQuirks to even do a bit of damage. Even then... It wasn't much." 

All Might: "Hmm. I see..." 

It was an odd way to end his sentence. All Might cutting his words short as he got to his feet and proceeded to walk over to a nearby window that faced the city. But as the silence continued, I looked down at my hand, the one I used to punch Nomu. How could there be no damage done? I used One For All with all my might. And it still didn't affect him.