Ch 16: 'Roller Coaster'

[Another week and another chapter. A lot went down in last week. Speaking of the last chapter, I said at the start that you'd hate a character more than Kaito. That ended up being Monoma. Now, whilst some definitely seemed to hate Monoma. A lot claimed they still hated Kaito more. And, honestly...I can't be disappointed at that. That just means I've created a character you guys love to hate. Which is awesome! So thanks everyone! And thanks for helping this book get Number 3 in US for Wattpads Top 10 as well. That's very nice! You know what else is nice...A brand spanking new chapter of ANTI-HERO!!!]
__________________________________________________________________________________

[Your POV]

I remember reading some magazines once whilst waiting for Mom at a shopping mall once. I was bored, so it was the only thing I could read. The point being, it was as I read through this magazine that I stumbled across an article. It was written by some scientist woman who asked about a hundred people what their happiest memories in life were. Some stated the obvious, marriage and having kids. But this scientist was surprised to see a vast majority had mentioned times during their childhood. 

It varied about what particular things they were exactly, though all had something to do when they were young and carefree. When I first read this article, I was left thinking not much of it. But it wasn't until later that night when I was lying in bed that I truly thought about what happy moments did I have in life? And honestly, it was pretty heartbreaking when I could pretty much count up all my happy memories on a single hand. I don't know whether it was my head still reeling from the death of Izuku that held me back. 

Or if I truly didn't have that many happy memories to go over. But in the end, the similar thing was, unlike these people who had so many happy memories in their childhood, I was left with but a few. So I can't help but wonder now, whilst I said right across from the silent figure of Todoroki in one of the back halls of the Sports Festival arena, that I realize, just like me, Todoroki didn't have that many happy memories either. Now, you're probably wondering why I'm even thinking that? Well, simple. It was in the short period of silence as we stared back at each other that I took a moment to take in the expression he currently had on display. 

A look of complete lack of emotion. No heart or soul in his eyes. His face showed the scars he was dealt with. And whilst I didn't exactly know what scars those were. I knew well enough that it was clearly something he wasn't proud of. So, in a strange way, any type of anger I held against him earlier for being so desperate to take me down...Was now gone. Now, I could hardly care less about it. In all honesty, the only thing I wanted right now was just to go to the cafeteria and have some lunch. Though after everything that just happened, maybe it'd be best if I just got food elsewhere...

(Y/n): "...You realize if we don't hurry, Bakugo is going to eat all the food at the Cafeteria, right?"

Todoroki didn't respond. He simply kept staring at me.

(Y/n): "Silent type, huh? Real bad boy vibes. Surprised you're not more popular."

I didn't exactly know why I tried to make a joke then. Don't know whether because I was sick of this moment enough and wanted to at least add some spice to it. A few more seconds passed with nothing being said. I was about to walk away when finally Todoroki spoke out.

Todoroki: "You'd know about being popular, huh?"

(Y/n): "Yeah, well, trust me when I say I don't care about what people think of me."

Todoroki: "Sure seemed different out there though."

(Y/n): "Huh? What are you--"

Todoroki: "I saw the way you looked after you won the race. The way you looked out at the crowd as they cheered for you. It felt nice whilst it lasted didn't it? Before it was all taken away...All because of one mistake."