19.

"What's the matter? Never been in an apartment before?" Jungkook asked in a teasing voice.

Taehyung approached the large window that showed the sunset in the distance. The city looked beautiful in the light but he knew during the nighttime it would look ten times prettier.

"I have, but you just have such a pretty view."

Jungkook stood next to him, "Yeah. I do. Such a shame I barely get to enjoy it. These twelve-your shifts are not it."

"Yeah that's true."

"So are you ready for food?"

"Yes, sure. Do you need help?"

"No, I've got it. Feel free to have a seat on the couch and turn on the tv. I have every single app you can think off which is ridiculous considering I don't have time to see any of it."

Taehyung nodded as Jungkook went to the kitchen rambling. He was a talker for sure. While the talk it's e boy was in the kitchen he took the opportunity to look around the apartment.

The walls were a creamy beige and his furniture all black. It was a good color combination. It looked simple yet elegant.

Jungkook had suggested coming over to his house instead, but Taehyung had quickly declined. He didn't want him to know him that personally yet.

He figured if he came over to Jungkook's it would be easier to separate their lives. He couldn't allow himself to get attached. Not yet, he wasn't ready to find love again.

Not after—

"Ta-da!" Jungkook screamed, bringing out a tray of subs.

"Wow. So we're having sub pizzas?" Taehyung laughed.

"What? No. They're...oh shit. They are basically pizzas on a sub bun! I'm so sorry. If you can't tell, I really like pizzas." He murmured mortified.

"That's cool. I like pizza."

"Even on a sub bun?"

"Yeah. Even then."

Jungkook put the gray down on his center table and moved it closer towards the couch. "Are you sure you want to eat here?" Taehyung asked.

"Yeah. The advantage of having black couches is that you can't see the stains." He grinned.

"Oh. Yeah I suppose."

"Kidding. I'm not a messy eater. Are you?"

"Not at all."

"Good. What do you want to watch?" Jungkook asked, turning on the tv.

"Whatever is fine."

"Hmm. Let's see, are you in the mood for something funny? Romantic? Scary? I do enjoy creepy shit."

Once he looked at Taehyung's face of disapproval he quickly changed his mind. "You're not a fan of scary movies."

"I don't mind them. They just bring back unpleasant memories."

"Well, we don't want that. How about we just watch this?" He asked, pointing to the tv.

Taehyung cracked a smile as the obnoxious commercial trying to advertise an item that would never work played.

"Seriously?"

"Yeah. I love watching these and critiquing them. I've actually fallen as a victim on some of the items they promoted. Don't believe what you see on tv."

"Of course that's a given." He laughed.

They started eating and Jungkook quickly noticed he hadn't even offered a drink. "I'm sorry! What would you like to drink? You could've choked on your food and I'm such a rude host."