39.

Taehyung stared at Jimin with a blank expression. He stopped walking mid hallway and didn't move an inch. Almost like he was frozen in time.

Jimin waited and waited until his impatience made him speak. He was even more flustered now, "Did you hear me?"

"You like Yoongi?" He repeated.

"I—" Jimin felt like his breathing was off. The knot in his stomach grew bigger making it hard for him to speak.

"I think I do." He finally choked out.

"No, no, thinking and knowing are two different things. Trust me, I know I've hurt Jungkook for thinking I was over my ex when I wasn't."

Jimin sighed massaging the back of his neck. It ached. The whole world was literally on his shoulders or at least that's what it felt like to him.

"I don't know, okay? I don't know. I fucking kissed him and now I can't stop thinking about it, but then Chanyeol asked me out and today he asked me again so I said yes but now I think I fucked up and—fuck. It's complicated."

Taehyung shook his head, "Fucking hell. I should've waited for my lunch break." He murmured as he continued walking. He made sure to eye the hallways extensively in hopes to not encounter Yoongi.

If he told Jimin that they would talk later it would drive him insane. He'd go do something stupid and impulsive like call Yoongi and tell him or break things off with Chanyeol without being sure.

The last time he had a mental breakdown he got his nipples pierced. There was no telling what he would do this time.

"I know. I know. I fucking know. Where the fuck is the alien hiding? All I need is for it to piss on my leg!"

"Alien piss won't solve this issue. You know it's almost like I don't know, I told you fake dating him was a bad idea because feelings would get involved." Taehyung's voice was condescending.

Jimin tugged on his shirt guilty. He hated to admit it but Taehyung was right. He did warn him and now he was in deep shit.

"I broke things off with him months ago. You know, fake dating."

"Yet you kissed him. I'm assuming this is recent?" Taehyung asked, opening up a door. He walked in the room and peeked inside the storage room.

"Well—"

Taehyung pressed his finger against his own lip to stop him from talking. He stood by the entrance as his friend peeked everywhere.

"Go on. I wanted to make sure he wasn't hiding  here." He said after a few minutes.

"It was recent. I went out to drink with my classmates and—" he stopped talking as soon as he saw the disapproval on Taehyung's face. "I know. I drunk too much because I saw a text on Chanyeol's phone. I assumed he was dating someone and I was impulsive."

"So you ended up kissing Yoongi because of that?"

Jimin nibbled the inside of his cheek. He ran several responses in his head but all of them were fucking awful. He pressed his hand over his stomach because it was still in a huge knot.

"Hmm." Taehyung said after Jimin didn't reply.

"I didn't mean to hurt him—I—I like Yoongi. I do. He's attractive, he's sweet, he's—but I like Chanyeol too."

"You have to make a choice. Clearly you've made yours."

Jimin inhaled sharply. He needed to hear this however that didn't make it any easier on him. "I don't think...I didn't mean this to happen."