38.

Jin groaned, stretching his arms as he entered the gym locker room. His heart was still beating rapidly from his previous workout.

Leg day was a bitch. 

He enjoyed coming to the gym early in the mornings before work. There were barely any people there and it was better for him to get to know the machines.

This whole thing started to get Hoseok back but it sort of stuck to him. Also considering he paid for a membership in advance it would be a waste of money to not use it.

He removed his sweaty tank and pulled out his towel from his locker room. As soon as he turned around he screamed, falling back against the lockers.

"Ahh! Fuck! Fuck!"

"Why would you throw yourself against the lockers?" Namjoon asked. He stepped closer to him and Jin bawled his fist.

"I didn't do it on purpose! You startled me!"

"You left me behind. That wasn't so nice." He accused him while crossing his arms over his chest.

"I didn't. I told you that I was done and heading to the locker rooms. You would've heard me if you didn't have your humongous ear muffs."

"They are headphones!" Namjoon was offended.

"Yeah well they look fucking ridiculous."

Namjoon huffed, "What if I would've gotten jumped by that strong guy out there? You wouldn't have been there to help."

Jin paused briefly, examining Namjoon. He still had his arms crossed over his chest and he was also wearing a tank.

Despite Namjoon not working out previously he was still pretty toned and now that he had started lifting he could see the progress.

His chest was broader and his biceps bigger. Jin gulped down nervously as he came to the conclusion that they were in the men's locker room alone and that he himself was not wearing a shirt.

"Something tells me you could've taken him on with no problem."

Namjoon stared at him a bit puzzled until he analyzed Jin's expression and tone. He wasn't mocking him, Jin was checking him out.

He felt himself smile and stuck his chest out a little more. Jin quickly turned around to his locker and opened it up though he had everything he needed.

The last thing he could do right now was look at Namjoon in the face. His back tensed once he felt his cool fingers slide across his back.

"Hey! What are you doing? Hands to yourself!" He screamed, turning back around. His voice was a bit shaky.

"I'm trying to see if you have any scratches on your back."

"I'm fine." He said, stepping back. His back pressed against the cold locker yet again. His breathing suddenly increased and his chest began rising. His body was reacting like he had run a marathon.

"Okay." Namjoon responded by stepping back and holding his hands up in the air.

Jin relaxed a little, he could still feel his face being pink. Namjoon smiled in an almost teasing way. He enjoyed this and Jin could tell.

"What?" He snapped loudly and a bit flustered.

"Nothing. Do you want to come read a book with me? I volunteered at the library to read to a group of kids and I could use another voice."

"Huh? Kids? I—I'm not a kid person."

"That doesn't matter. You can follow my lead."

"When is this anyways?"