Epilogue.

"Do you really think he will like it? You can be honest with me. You don't have to be nice, I swear. You can tell me it's a piece of shit and I will understand." Yoongi said through his phone screen.

"Of course I like it! It looks lovely. Plus, Jeongyeon helped you make it right?" Hoseok asked.

"Yeah, but she's not too good at baking. Please don't tell her I said that. Jin was busy with Namjoon so I didn't feel like bothering him."

"Well I think it looks great! Right Kook?" Hoseok asked.

Jungkook leaned over him and nodded, "Yeah! It's great!"

"Ah! You're forced to say that because your boyfriend told you. You're both fake."

Jungkook chuckled while Hoseok shook his head, "Yoongi you're overthinking too much. Jimin would literally love a rock if that's the only thing you gave him."

"Agh. Okay fine. Thank you. We will see how this goes. I will let you go now. Sorry to bother your date. Bye!"

After he hung up, he looked down at the glittery yellow cake that had messily written "happy 365 days. love you".

Jeongyeon swore that the glitter was edible but he was nervous to even let Jimin try it. He shook the nerves as he put the cake cover on it before he decided to add more swirls or glitter.

They were planning to meet at Jimin's apartment building on the rooftop to watch the stars. They hadn't done it in a while and it was the perfect date to celebrate their one year anniversary.

His parents were ecstatic that they 'got back together'. Yoongi still hadn't told her the first time they met him their relationship had been all fake. He would eventually tell them but for the time being he didn't feel like opening up a can of worms.

Living life outside of the hospital was different, but he was adjusting. He had enrolled in a computer technology program for the upcoming fall so that was exciting.

Aside from that, he kept his job as a video editor and made decent money. He had earned enough to buy his own vehicle though it wasn't fancy he loved it.

Jimin was still in the pediatric program which was nowhere near done, but Yoongi was a supportive partner. At first things had been a little weird since Yoongi feared that seeing Chanyeol daily would impact Jimin's decision.

He was proud to admit that those insecurities had vanished. Jimin didn't lie when he told him he'd prove how he was his one and only.

Thinking about their first time meeting made him chuckle.  He buckled up and made sure that the cake wouldn't fall as he started to drive to meet Jimin.

Yoongi's whole world had flipped upside down from the moment Jimin entered his life. They had their ups and downs, but all the pain and suffering had definitely been worth it. Having Jimin in the end was rewarding.

A few minutes later, he arrived at Jimin's apartment building. Luckily traffic hadn't been hectic. It was eight pm on a Thursday night so he figured as much. When he walked up the front, the guy behind the desk greeted him.

Yoongi had turned into a usual visitor so he already knew Jimin was the one he was looking for. After he notified Jimin of his arrival he made his way up to the rooftop.

He was nervously tapping his foot as the elevator got closer to the top. Once the door opened, he took a deep breath.

Before opening the rooftop door he peeked through the clear little window and spotted Jimin in the corner. He had been expecting him already because he grinned waving his hand excitedly.

Yoongi smiled and felt himself relax. He didn't know why he'd been so nervous when he knew Jimin would love anything he gave him like Hoseok said.

"I brought us a treat." Yoongi announced as he walked over to him.

"Great! Thank you! Happy anniversary." He grinned while giving him a kiss.

"Happy anniversary to you." Yoongi responded against his lips. 

Once they pulled away, Yoongi's eyes lit up when he noticed the red blanket on the ground and a bouquet of yellow flowers in the center.

Like usual, it consisted of daffodils, petunias, begonias, and strawflowers.

"I hope you still like them."

"Ah! They're beautiful! Of course I do!"

"Come on, let's eat. I'm starving. My dad let me borrow his telescope again. I hope you remember my tips."

Yoongi grimaced, "I don't remember shit."

Jimin laughed, "It's fine. I will refresh your memory."

"Okay good. I will probably forget by the end of the night though."

"At least you're honest." He chuckled.

They ate banana and mayonnaise sandwiches which had turned into an odd tradition. They chatted and reminisced about their year of dating.

Following their dinner, it was time for the cake reveal. Yoongi nibbled the inside of his cheek as he revealed the cake.

"I know it's not perfect. Jeongyeon helped me but baking is harder than it looks! She threw the glitter in there. According to her it's edible but I'm not so sure. If you get diarrhea I'm so sorry in advance. In fact you don't even have to eat it! I wouldn't blame you if—"

Jimin kissed him mid sentence. He always interrupted him that way and Yoongi loved it. It was a beautiful interruption.

"It's perfect Yoongi."

"Do you really think so?"

"Yes. Anything you give me or make is perfect for me. Now let's cut into it. I'm glad I brought extra plates and silverware."

The cake turned out to be fairly decent for his first attempt. Jimin claimed it was the best cake he'd ever eaten, but Yoongi knew he was simply being modest.

Next they watched the stars through the telescope. Yoongi struggled to get the hang of it but Jimin was very patient.

They ended their night laying back on the blanket while being under the gorgeous starry night sky. Jimin pulled out his phone to snap a selfie of them. Yoongi had learned to pose and not look so awkward.

"I hope we get to celebrate many more anniversaries Jimin. You truly are the love of my life." Yoongi said with a big smile.

"I know we will and you know what?"

"What?" Yoongi asked, turning over to look at him. 

"This won't be the only lifetime we meet. We're destined to be together no matter what. Our love is so strong I don't doubt that we will always meet no matter what no matter where. Always."

Jimin held his hand and Yoongi smiled content.
He hadn't been a believer of fate or anything like that, but now he was convinced that it was written in the stars that they were meant to be.

Never in a million years did Yoongi think he would meet the love of his life being stuck at a hospital, but he had.

And all because of his bucket list.