26.

Taehyung groaned, annoyed as he felt his coffee spill over his hand. Luckily, it wasn't as hot as it had been before leaving his apartment.

He shook his hand attempting to air dry it because he was already running late. Going back to the car wasn't an option and neither was wiping his hand on his scrubs.

He enjoyed the smell of coffee scent just not on his clothes. When he was literal footsteps from the door, he started patting his scrubs for his badge only to realize he didn't have it on him.

When he turned to look at his car in the parking lot very defeated he stomped his way back. Seconds of looking for it felt like an eternity to him.

Finally, he found his badge and made his way back to the hospital entrance. However, a woman standing by the door stopped him midway.

They locked eyes for a brief moment and Taehyung felt himself spin. His hand suddenly felt numb and his knees weak.

The woman smiled and waved. Taehyung could faint. He thought about walking back to his car and locking himself in but his feet were glued to the ground. They had turned into heavy concrete making it hard for him to move.

She started walking towards him and Taehyung's heart raced at a thousand. It wasn't until she was right in front of him that he released a shaky breath.

"Sea."

"It's been so long since you've called me that." She smiled sadly.

"It's been a while since I've seen you."

"I know. May I?" She asked, extending her arms.

Taehyung nodded as she wrapped her tiny arms around him. He hugged her back carefully to not spill any coffee on her clothes.

He closed his eyes, reminiscing all the times he had held her this close. It felt like it had only been yesterday. She still smelled like lavender. Soothing and calm.

"What are you doing here?" He asked as they pulled away from the long embrace.

She smiled again and it awoke something Taehyung thought was long dead. Her smile was bright and pure. Her eyes were still as soft and loving as ever.

"I'm here with a friend. She has an interview. I thought I'd come. I didn't know if you still worked here. I never found the courage to make it through the door, but I see even then destiny wanted us to see each other."

"That's what it seems like." He responded, his heart still a jumbled mess. "How is school?" He was curious to know what had been of her life since they split.

Was she with someone else now? Had she gone into the program of her dreams? Was she happier now that they were separated?

"School is great actually. I'm actually planning on moving back to town soon. My semester is almost over and I've seen great job offers here."

Taehyung's heart skipped a beat. This has been the whole reason they split up to begin with. She was forced to move hours away because of the school that accepted her. Now she was coming back and he didn't know how to process it.

"That's really good." He wanted to say so much more, but couldn't get his jumbled thoughts straight.

"Yeah. Well, I'll let you go. It seems like you're in a hurry. I...it was nice to see you. Take care." She smiled while gripping his arm.

As she started walking away, Taehyung's breathing got hectic. It made him relive watching her walk away from his life once again.

"It was nice to see you too!" He screamed.