𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟎𝟐

Eyeless Jack had finally given me the clear to leave that room. I wasn't in there for long, admittedly, but the same four walls can get dull quickly. Especially without windows. Plus, I know they kept me in there for longer than they would for anyone else that had my injuries - they'd probably be kept for a day, at most - but I was kept for two. 'Make sure your body is healing properly' and crap. I hate being in that room; barely anyone visits and there isn't even a window to look out of, nevermind a TV.

I can't remember actually watching a TV in person. I faintly remember a few shows or films - mainly a face or the outline of a storyline. I know what a TV looks like, I know what a TV does. But, they don't have any in this place - well, I'd heard that in one room there is. It was on the upper floors, supposedly the third. Most of that floor was abandoned - either because of the electricity being cut off or how much of a hassle it would be to move all of the medical equipment up the stairs. And "patients".

So, when I'd heard that there was a TV up there - on the top floor - I was dubious. How would someone carry one of those clunky things up there? Better yet, why would someone put one up there? There's no fucking eletricity, idiots.

I was curious, though - of course about the origins of the TV, but also did it work? I know that there isn't an ariel on the roof, and I know that there isn't a way to power it. However, there's also a faceless creature with tendrals maintaining the remains of an abandoned hotel. I wouldn't put it past the universe to have a magic television. Why else would there be one?

I reckon that it used that room as a bedroom, or something. It'd explain why the third floor was so undesirable, too. Plus, it is a rather selfish thing.

Understatement of the century.

Alas, no one had managed to get into the room yet. I don't think that many were bothered about it - and those that did try left it at the door being locked. It just made no sense and ever since I'd heard about it, it'd had been driving me up the wall. Though, I too was yet to actually test the door and find the almighty screen. I was too busy.

I watched as the eyeless demon stood beside my temporary bed, those two black voids fixed on me - a goopy, tar-like substance occasionally building up at the lower section of his eye sockets; the mysterious liquid dripping down the face of the navy blue, plastic mask that hid his features - drying like mascara tears. As he finally moved his gaze to my stab wound, his auburn hair flopped over the top of the mask. "Well, from what I can tell you seem to be doing better, but if you'd let me do a proper examination I'd be able to give you a more accurate evaluation." Jack stated, a sense of annoyance to his cheerful tone - like the second, underlying voice of the entity was pissed, too.

"Does this mean that I can leave?" I asked, looking up to him, an expecting expression forming. I was eager to leave. I wasn't going to fall for an unnecessary check up. I can tell if I start bleeding again, and a concussion is a concussion.

The cannibal only sighed at my urgency, "Toby, your body heals slower. You know it doesn't react to injuries as quickly-"

"I know. You know I know, so, you're just wasting my time." I argued, my eyebrows knitting together as my eyes narrowed at him. I wonder, if he saw things like I did - would he get jealous of the way I could use my eyes to show expression? Feeling? Because they couldn't. I like to ponder what upsets them more. That, or the fact he never got his doctorate - or, is it that about him knowing that the demon that shares a shell with them is a ticking time bomb - ready to snap whenever it gets too hungry? The fact that someone - that I saw it happen. But then again, no one believes me. I think that the majority of them like it too much, so they turn a blind eye. "I didn't just wake up with a shitty immune system, did I?"