𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟕

A thud rung through my ears as something hit my chest. The noise was muffled, like I'd just had a gun shot go off next to my head. It followed with a similar ring, as well. I felt something crawl up my throat - my body naturally throwing itself upright as I coughed up the substance. Water pooled out of my mouth as my eyes shot open. In front of me knelt Nina - who stared at me with wide, icy eyes.

I felt the liquid continue to trickle down my chin as I spluttered, using my hands to support me - now sat up. I glanced hastily around the room, taking in all the oxygen I could with a series of quick and short breathes. I looked back to them, with equally wide eyes, my breathing slowly beginning to even out.

"What happened?" Nina hesitantly asked, their thin, black eyebrows furrowing with an obvious concern and confusion as they retracted their balled up, paled fist from my chest.

"I-I" I began with a stammer, taking in gasps of air - like it was as thick as the oxygen. "I got into the TV room." I answered, my voice hollow - breathy - as I slowly began to offer them quick and subtle nods.

Their small smile fell into an almost 'o' shape as they gave me a small nod. "Yeah, I can tell." They replied, a more concerned smile returning - the cuts on their cheeks moving into slightly larger triangles as their face moved. Their cut smile wasn't as large as Jeff's - and their eyelids weren't as destroyed as Jeff's (Nina's had slight damage from when they'd tried sewing them open, and given up) so their expression was easier to pin point.

"A-And water came out of the TV." I continued, watching their expression contort into confusion.

Their hand gently reached over to peel some hair off of my forehead - the now darker, sloppy strands having stuck itself to my skin. "Yeah, we can tell." They replied, once again attempting to offer me a warm smile.

"We?"

"Yeah, what did you do, stick your head through the TV?"

"Helen!" Nina scolded, sending a soft glare to the voice that came from behind me. Though, their expression softened again when they turned to me. "Don't listen to him, he didn't mean any harm from it." They reassured me.

I glanced behind me to see a rather lanky figure stood - arms crossed against his chest. He wore a dark blue jumpsuit, stained with paint... I hope. The upper buttons were undone, showing his black shirt underneath - and exaggerating the small, yellow pin of a smiley face placed over his chest. His face was covered by a white mask (decorated with a bloody smile) and his messy, black hair. However, through the gaps of the mask and hair, I could see a pair of dull, judgemental blue hues.

"I unplugged it and the water came out-" I explained, my head falling down as my eyes locked with Nina's.

They let out a soft hum - hesitantly standing up. They rolled down the sleeves of their purple hoodie before dusting off their black, pleated skirt. Their socks weren't from the same pair - one being black and red, striped, and reaching their knee whereas the other other was plain dark grey, only reaching midway up their shin - holes beginning to form in both. "Maybe we can all talk about what happened over some hot drinks?" Nina suggested, a bright expression filling their features as they offered me a hand - the sound of their bracelets' jingle following their gesture.

I slowly nodded, gratefully taking their hand as they (to my suprise, as they looked rather petite) pulled me up with ease. "That sounds good. Thanks." I muttered.

Despite their cheery demeanour and bright colours, there was an obvious look of pain behind it all. Behind the colourful, scene hair clips (that were obnoxiously bright - orange, green and pink) there was an obvious hollowed out feel to their eyes. Like they were trying to mask an ache. But at the same time, whatever was going on behind those glassy hues, it was clearly healing. Slowly but surely.

They let go of my hand, their expression falling, "You are soaked - no, like you're dripping, look, you're in a puddle-" They rambled, pointing to the floor. They weren't wrong, but my focus were on their nails. They were painted black. Where did they get nail polish?!

They turned to Helen, tilting their head to the side with a small smile, "Baby can you get a towel, please?" Nina asked - their voice somehow gaining a sweeter tone to it.

The man only nodded in response, disappearing out the room.

"How - how did you get in?" I hesitantly asked, "Where did all the water go?" I continued, on the verge of a ramble as I glanced around us.

"Well, you did a number on the door, Toby." They giggled, motioning towards it. My eyes followed as I looked to the entrance, confused when I saw the damage I'd done restored. I looked back to them, baffled, to see their own expression mirroring mine. "And when we came in, there wasn't any water - except the stuff that was coming out of your mouth. It was just you and a smashed up TV with some cables." They rambled.

I glanced over to the TV, seeing the screen in pieces - the small shards of glass all over the floor. "That - there was more to all of this." I mumbled.

"I believe you," Nina mumbled, a soft sigh escaping their lips, "This place is crazy, right? Let's get going though. Get you downstairs and warmed up."

"I'm not cold." I mumbled, gently grasping the body of my hoodie and squeezing it, watching water gush from it and hit the floor with a wet thud.

They gave me a look, raising an eyebrow as they grimaced up at me. "Toby - Tobias - you are freezing." They retorted, grasping my hand with their own, "I cannot feel an ounce of blood in your hand, and look at your skin! Blotchy. Hot cocoa, now." They scolded, beginning to drag me out of the room.