𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟖

I pushed the manor's door open to be met with a familiar face - our chests bumping. I looked to Cody, wide eyed - I wasn't sure if I was ready to talk to him, especially after Nina told me that having my own space was important. However, the shocked and worried look in his green eyes made me freeze.

"Toby! Where have you been?" He exclaimed - his eyebrows knitting together as his mouth hung open, as if ready to start rambling. His eyes fell towards the lower section of my face - widening as I remained still. "Your nose is bleeding - like, broken bleeding. Toby, what happened? Are you okay?" Cody added, his voice picking up the pace the more he spoke - obviously worried.

I finally broke from my stance, my head tilting downward as one of my hands gently lifted to my face - my index and middle fingers shakily pressing against my lips. I felt my fingertips gently smear something against the chapped surface, causing my eyebrows to furrow. "I didn't think she punched me that hard." I mumbled, pulling my hands away to look at the shiny, crimson liquid.

"I'm sorry? Who punched you?!" Cody exclaimed - causing my head to tilt upwards to look at him. He merely stared at me, confused and awaiting some sort of answer as I only slowly blinked at him, with a sort of dazed look.

I could prove my point to Clockwork.

"Cody - quick question, would you fuck me?" I blurted out, with my usual deadpan tone, "Hypothetically, of course."

His face only contorted with even more confusion - his eyes squinted as his mouth hung open. "Excuse me?" Cody asked, his expression falling into an eased version of itself, "What-"

"To prove a point to-" I began, before pausing. This was pointless, and awkward - I was upset with him, wasn't I? "Nevermind." I grumbled, my eyes falling to their natural shape as I wiped what blood hadn't dried against the wall beside me - pushing passed the man, ignoring the feeling of his eyes against the back of my head.

I quickly headed down the hallway to the food area - pushing the double doors open and allowing my eyes to scan over the area. I spotted the trio I was looking for; the dirtied, white hoodie, pale yellow hoodie and a cloud of cigarette smoke.

I walked over, snickering at Tim. "Someone's stressed." I teased - leaning the palms of my hands against the table.

Tim kept his gaze averted to the table, sighing slightly, "A friend died two years ago, today." He mumbled, his head hesitantly tilting up - only for his thick eyebrows to furrow as his brown hues narrowed. "What happened to your face, Rogers?" Tim asked, his voice slightly muffled by the stick of nicotine in between his lips.

"Zippy got mad I told him that he wasn't acting appropriately with George on set." I replied - a grin stretching across my lips, earning a snort from Brian.

Tim raised an eyebrow, "Had a go at the wrong person?" He asked, quietly.

I let out an exasperation, rolling my eyes. "Cogsworth." I confirmed.

Brian threw an arm around Tim, who had flinched away from the blonde's initial touch, and consequently into his side. "Be our guest, be our guest!" He mockingly sang, swaying slightly - taking the tired man with him, even catching Kate's icy gaze.

"Put our service to the test." I finished, raising an eyebrow as I cocked my head to the side. "And do I have a good service to tell you about." I hummed - strumming my fingers against the hard surface below me, my eyes falling to the pale coloured counter.

Brian chuckled, tilting his head to the side. "What do you mean, kid?" The man asked, causing me eyes to lock with his dull, hazel hues.

"Well, Lumière, we may have a beast to slay Gaston." I answered, watching his blonde brow furrow in confusion.

"Okay, you've lost me on your metaphor, now Belle." The man grumbled, closing his eyes as he waved his hand in front of him. "Rewind, in English this time."

I looked to Tim, who gave me a small, tired nod. "Toby, trust me - we can't get rid of the Operator, I've tried-" He began, but stopped himself seeing my blank expression. "Wait, what do you mean, Toby?"

I leant forward, my eyes flickering between the three. "There's a woman here. Tall, scary tall. She looks like Lydia Deetz and Edward Scissorhand's emo love child." I began, "And she's here to kill Jeff." I whispered, "All she asks is that we give her free reign of our territory until she's done her job - then she'll leave."

Tim shook his head, leaning forwards, "Toby - Toby, we can't just let this stranger snoop around the woods. If the Operator finds out, we're all dead. Everyone involved." He replied, in a hushed voice.

Brian leant forward, his eyebrows furrowing as he gave Tim an almost awkward expression. "Let's not be brash here, Tim-man, let's hear the kid out, aye?" He mumbled.

"Well, if all three of you join in, then it isn't going to kill six of us and a potential new proxy. It'd be a loss of seven, instead of only losing one - which could be replaced with the new girl!" I argued, gently balling a hand up and pointing at the table as I spoke.

"Kill him." A quiet voice began - it sounded young yet old and worn. It took me by surprise as my head turned to Kate, with widened eyes.

"You just spoke to me!" I exclaimed, causing her eyes narrow behind her cryptic mask. "I've known you for two years, and this is the first time you've spoken to me! Holy shit! The gods have spoken!"

Brian chuckled, gently squeezing Tim closer. "Ya hear that? If the gods have spoken, you have to agree." He stated, clearly attempting to convince the man.

Tim only sighed, a puff of smoke following. His tired eyes fell to the table as he took the cigarette from in between his lips. "Ah, fuck it. I'm in." He mumbled.

"You three are amazing, beautiful creatures!" I cried, taking a few steps back as I threw my arms in the air. "Thank you, thank you all!" I continued, beginning to make my way towards the double doors.

"Oh wait - X was looking for you!" Brian called out - having cupped a gloved hand over his mouth, like a megaphone.

"I can't hear you, Brian! But I'm sure whatever you're saying is very entertaining." I retaliated - avoiding the topic once more as I slipped between the doors.