𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟐

Cody had somehow managed to stop things from blowing up; my "sister" had seemed too stunned to fight against Cody using the rope, that I'd found in the boot, to tie her to one of the back seats of the car (she probably recognised him or something), he'd stopped me from lashing out - leading me to the passenger seat, and reluctantly got Jeff back (placing him next to the woman). However, the man was currently out of the car - collecting the water bottle that our hostage had claimed to have had in her own vehicle.

"You're Roger's sista, eh?" Jeff asked, to which I think she nodded (due to the man's continuation). "I don' see the resemblunce." He muttered hoarsely, which was followed by a small cackle.

"So, uh, what's your name?" I hesitantly began, looking back to her, despite the fact I was practically blind. If this woman was my sister, I wanted to at least know her name, though something was unsettling about her. I didn't trust her and she honestly didn't feel familiar. However, when I'd been reunited with Cody I felt a sense of safety or reliability. Admittedly, he didn't mace me and I had a gun pointed at him, but I had the upper hand with her as well.

There was a momentary silence, before she finally answered. "My name's Lyra." She spoke with a certain sadness, or disappointment. "Toby, what do you remember?" Lyra had hesitantly asked.

I paused, weighing over what I actually remembered versus what Cody had told me of. It was upsetting that I knew more from Cody than my actual brain. "Well, my birthday is April twenty-eighth, I was born in 1996 - so I'm nineteen. I can speak German and English. I tried learning Spanish and gave up.. and I'm a dude.." I trailed off, furrowing my brow in thought as I used my hands to articulate my words - despite not being able to see it, myself (using my fingers to count what I could in fact remember for myself), "I like Star Wars - and I think my favourite was R2, comic books and poetry - specifically John Keats - though I don't remember shit about any of them anymore." I sighed, "Uh - I had a dog, an alsatian, as a kid, but I don't remember it too much. Um - I remember spending time with Cody. Mostly at school. And one time talking about going into the forest - and one time with this girl. Fuck, I can't remember what she looked like - her face is too fucking blurry." I rambled, slamming my eyes closed with a frustrated expression - resting my temple against my hands. "I think she was in a band - like, she played an instrument in a group-"

"Marching band?" Lyra piped in, her voice still soft but more inquisitive, now.

"Yeah, yeah, I think so-" I mumbled, "Because of the flute and the um, yeah the drums, too-"

"That was Bronwyn." She explained, beginning to speak again, but was abruptly cut off.

"'m jus' shock'd mutt gott'a girl." Jeff interrupted, a laugh underlying his voice. I glanced back to the black, white and grey blur - attempting to send the man a glare, despite the fact I knew he couldn't see it.

He wasn't helping. When did he, though? I was stressed enough as it is - I had a horrid taste in my mouth, I couldn't really see and this woman is related to me. It always unnerved me when someone knew me better than I knew myself. The only reason I trusted Cody was because he seemed to be right. I had memories, that he'd caused to be resurfaced, plus he'd proven to me that he cared.

Jeff began to lean towards my seat, tossing an arm around me as his chest pressed against the back of the seat - his free arm beginning to flail around in front of the driver's seat. In retaliation, I looked to where he was grabbing, to no avail - so only grumbling instead.

"What is he grabbing?" Lyra asked - a concerned and worried tone to her voice. It was painfully obviously that she was scared of him, which was understandable. He was terrifying to look at, especially the first few times someone saw him. Unfortunately, I'd slowly become accustomed to it, much like a lot of the killers.