𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟕

The insides of Nina and Helen's cabin was cosy in a simplistic way. The artist seemed to have painted the walls of the living room; a rather beautiful scene - a soft blue sky dotted with fluffy clouds. There were rows of evergreen trees, of a rich and lively colour - with protuding, snowy mountains peeking behind them. It was calming. The floor wasn't painted, however did house a fluffy, dark blue rug - the square fabric placed in front of the small, white sofa.

I was stood at the front door - my back and hatchets against it, with my arms crossed, as I watched the three sat down talk. Jane was sat on the left hand side of the sofa - her knife being imprisoned on the white coffee table before them, with Helen on the right (having put more clothes on than his binder and shorts, thankfully - a dark blue button up and black trousers) and Nina in the middle.

"I like your hair." Helen mumbled, his softer looking eyes fixed on the enby - which, had earnt a smile and a quiet thank you from Nina.

"So, Jane, what's your story?" They asked softly, looking to the woman. She seemed to be a walking void - her eyes boaring forward, lifelessly. The way her mask didn't move gave an almost soulless feel to her; with Tim's mask you could faintly make out the glint of an eye and with Brian's the fabric moved with his face. Not with Jane.

"Jeff killed my parents and set me on fire after we invited him around for dinner." The woman responded, bluntly. "I almost died."

"Sounds like a major buzzkill." I muttered.

Nina glared at me, narrowing their eyes, "Toby!" They exclaimed through a hiss - as if scolding me, to which I'd mouthed, 'What?' in retaliation.

"It was." Jane had calmly replied - a lack of change to her tone. It was still deadpan and cold. "I was hospitalized and he sent me a note to taunt me, if it wasn't already bad enough."

"What did it say?" Nina asked softly, their eyes narrowing in a gentle concern. I was scared Jane would get sick from how nice Nina was being.

"Jane, I'm sorry I messed up when trying to make you look beautiful. I'm giving you this mask so you'll still be able to look like me; the way that you were meant to look. You also forgot your knife, and I thought you might want it back." Jane answered - she hadn't hesitated with any of the words, like she knew it off by heart. She turned her head, so she was facing Nina. "I think about those words every night that I fall asleep and every morning I wake up."

I scoffed, "Sounds like he had some sorta fucked up crush on you."

Jane's head snapped to my direction, "If this is how you believe someone would treat a crush, I hope you never make a connection with another human deep enough, that could develop into such." Jane retaliated.

Nina sent another glare towards me, "I wouldn't worry about it, he just avoids his crush." They grumbled, their words both aimed at Jane and a jab at me as well.

I narrowed my eyes at the masked raventte as I flipped Nina off, "If you were listening, I said fucked up crush, I never said it was a good thing. I know Jeff's a narcissistic prick." I snapped. "I'm on your side, fucker."

"Maybe you should go tell Tim and Brian about Jane; she can stay with me and Helen and you just tell them not to kill on sight." Nina sighed, giving me a tired and almost pleading look.

With a grumble, I reluctantly nodded. "Fine." I sighed, "It's probably for the best." I continued, throwing myself forward and turning on my heel and grabbing the door handle. I quickly twisted the handle, swinging the door open and slipping through it.

"Bye, Toby!" Nina called out.

"Love you too, twats." I replied, slamming the door behind me.

I let out a small grumble, beginning to stride forward through the blades of grass as I strolled towards the manor. At least this route had a river. It was a calmer route. Plus, the sky was rather docile - it was a darkening blue, soft yet vivid. There were clouds, too - darkened, dusting across the horizon. It was tranquil - which was rare for throughout the forest. With Slenderman around, at least.

The river came into sight - to my upcoming right; the water was almost grey and was far from clear. It was like a layer of smog hung below the surface. However, sometimes, if you looked close enough, you could see something; a fish, maybe a lilypad or some hacked up body parts.

I began to stray from my original path, slowly wandering over to the body of water. The grass bank beside it were smaller spikes of green - darker, too. They pointed towards the pool of water, like they were guiding a lost soul into the seemingly bottomless pit below.

I strolled closer - walking beside it, peering into the still water. Sometimes, as horrific as it seems, it was fun to look into the deep and guess what you could see floating around. Me and Brian had bet on it multiple times; he was right (a video tape, not a hand - unfortunately). He won the packet of ramen that day.

Jacket, I'm thinking.

I saw something moving - slowly drifting around in the water. It looked purple? No, yellow.

I crouched down, resting my palm against the short blades of the bank - squinting my eyes at the unidentified object. It seemed to flop around, slowly raising towards the surface.

A heart shaped object bobbed up to the surface, slowly turning to face me. It had two, wide eyes - yellow circles with green and black rings. Eyes? The heart was rather intricate; purple, red with black patterns - yellow spikes protruding from the curves, smaller ones poking out of the sides. I naturally stuck my hand out, attempting to grab it.

"What the hell are you doing, weirdo?"

I quickly retracted, standing up and twisting on my feet. My eyes narrowed at the sight of the wavy-haired brunette. She stood at around five foot six; wearing a white tank top and a pale blue coat - the hood lined with a white fur. She wore black, skinny jeans and brown, ankle-high boots. However - the stitching along her cheeks and the clock replacing her left, green eye are what stood out.

"Why do you care, nothing that you could fuck." I retorted, glaring at the woman.

Clockwork rolled her eye, "Jealous?" She fired back, clicking her tounge as I rose to my feet - taking a few steps towards her.

I scoffed, throwing my hands in front of me as I spoke, "Why? I could probably get more dick than you, better dick than you, too!" I retorted, rolling my eyes. "How burnt was it? Broken toaster or scolding water?"

"And why are you so curious, Rogers? Interested?" She retaliated.

"No, but it's entertaining to think about how desperate you are, since your personality is faker than..." I trailed off, faking a confused look.

"Well?"

I raised a finger, "Eh, don't push me, it was on the top of my tounge." I mumbled, tilting my head from side to side as my arms crossed over my chest. "I'm not quite sure. I guess it's just the fakest thing I know." I shrugged.

She let out a forced laugh, folding her arms across her chest, "Very funny, you're so very original." Clockwork grumbled.

"Well, I'm not going to waste my best lines on you." I hummed, "Though, I do have one good thing to say to you." I pointed out, offering her a small smile, motioning to her with my index finger.

"And that's what exactly?" She asked, cocking her head to the side.

I walked over to her, purposefully attempting to loom over her - which hadn't work too well, due to the small height difference. Regardless, I smirked. "You got my best friend out of a shitty relationship. Thanks." I answered - a slight sincerity to my otherwise degrading tone.

Clockwork's face fell; her arched brows knitted together as her eye seemed to fill with a look of hate as it flickered up to mine - her lips drooping with distaste. "Drink gasoline." She sneered.

My face copied hers, though my eyes narrowed at hers. "I hope the battery acid from that stupid fucking clock leaks into your brain as you sleep and kills you."