𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟑

To my surprise, Cody had put the radio on at Jeff's mocking suggestion - from what I had seen, he did seem to use it as a distraction or an escape. However, Avril Lavigne wasn't the best choice the radio station could've had to offer - her songs are good, but "Girlfriend" seemed a bit too much of an unfortunate coincidence, at the moment, at least. To top it all off, the car was that damaged we only had access to one station - so it was this song or silence, and Cody had chosen the song.

Admittedly it was a bop though. If it weren't for the situation, I would've probably sung quietly along.

I felt my eyes keep on drifting to Cody as he drove, seeing his expression unchanged - deadpan and irked. I know would be able to feel my eyes on him, which only made me feel worse when I'd accidentally allow them to glue to him, since he wouldn't react.

"We need to stop for gas, and I'm not getting out." Cody announced, his hands still stuck tightly to the wheel. He glanced momentarily to behind us, "You have to go." He told Lyra - a monotone sound to his voice, "And if you say anything about us, I will kill you. You get out, you put the pump in, and you pay for the fucking gas. Nothing else."

The woman only gave Cody an unamused look. "You really want to risk killing me in a place that knows me and after I've told someone about the three serial killers in 'my' car?" She argued, before beginning to list of our names, almost in a vindicated manner. "Toby Rogers, Cody Andrews and Jeffrey Woods." Maybe that's why she was so calm around us? Maybe she thought she had the upper hand?

"Chick's gotta point." Jeff muttered, looking from Lyra to Cody - who only seemed more annoyed at her.

We all knew why he couldn't get out and get the gas. Despite Cody looking the most normal out of the three of us, he was also the most recently made criminal out of the group. He had been doing this for a year, whereas I'd been doing it for two and Jeff had been doing it since the womb, probably. I would offer to do it - but, for obvious reasons I would raise alarm bells (with the massive hole in my face). And Jeff... Good luck with Jeff. I mean, at least we'd get free gas.

"I'm not getting out of this car, Lyra."

"Why not?"

"Because I'm not going to jail."

"You'd be smart enough to survive it. Wasn't that your whole thing? Being smart?"

"No, Cody's too pretty for prison, I can go-"

"Toby, sit the fuck down, Lyra's getting out to get gas."

"Like hell I am."

"I 'ave an idea." Jeff began, causing everyone to turn to look at him - Lyra giving him a somewhat unnerved expression whereas Cody gave him a tired look.

Without warning, Jeff grabbed the head of my seat, yanking it down, so my seat laid backwards. The ravenette almost immediately grabbed a fistful of my hair, tightly, to stop me from moving - placing an all too familiar syringe against my neck. I could feel the thin metal brushing passed my Adam's apple, slowly breaking the skin of my neck, and snuggly slipping through.

My eyes fixed on Jeff - frozen. Cody didn't make cures or vaccines - whatever the fuck is used for viruses - he'd always focused on the viruses being effective, effective enough to make it futile to even attempt to stop it from spreading. You were dead within minutes, seconds if you were lucky. I saw his gaze locked on Lyra, glaring at her.

"Let's not be unreasonable." I stated calmly - trying not to move too much, even with my arms, only lifting my hands upward as I spoke.

"Jeff, what the fuck are you doing?" Cody snapped, causing my eyes to flicker to him, focused on the man's expression. It was a genuine anger mixed with a look of fear. I knew he was smart enough not to react brashly, but it still unnerved me. I was miserable, but I didn't want to die. His green eyes boared into Jeff - jaw clenched and hands gripping his seat (one on the headrest, one on the actual seat).