Chapter 14: Shattered Feelings

"The one you love and the one who loves you are never, ever the same person." ― Chuck Palahniuk

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Time passed, and Freen and I hadn't spoken since then. I followed the usual healing process—rest and medicine. I deliberately avoided Freen, trying to keep a low profile to avoid getting abducted again because I had developed feelings for her.

However, much to my surprise, Love finally returned to Elysian Astral. I never expected her to come back so soon. I couldn't bring myself to confess my feelings to Freen, so I decided to keep them to myself. I didn't want to jeopardize their relationship, and seeing Love again shattered my confidence.

As I laid eyes on her, a mixture of envy and admiration flooded my heart. Love was a true embodiment of beauty and radiance, a celestial being whose allure surpassed my own. From her flawless complexion to her captivating gaze, every aspect of her exuded a charm that I yearned for.

Watching Freen and Love laugh together, my heart tightened with pain. Freen, the one I had feelings for, was now in a relationship with Love. During Love's months-long absence from the university, I had hoped that Freen's attention would turn towards me. But now, seeing them so sweet and happy, it felt like my dreams were shattering right before my eyes.

Every shared glance and burst of laughter between Freen and Love felt like a stab in my chest. It was as if my own emotions were invisible, insignificant compared to the bond they shared. The universe seemed to taunt me, reminding me that what I wanted would never be mine. Unrequited love weighed heavily on my heart, threatening to crush my hopes and leave me broken.

"Finally, Freen can laugh again. I'm so happy that Love already returned." Whispered by one student.

I knew I needed to find strength within myself and let go. I wanted to accept that Love had captured Freen's heart and move on. But it was easier said than done. The pain of witnessing their affectionate moments made it incredibly difficult to release my grip on the hope I held onto.

To make matters worse, Love's return became the talk of the campus. Whispers and gossip spread like wildfire, highlighting Love's presence and emphasizing my unrequited feelings. It felt like everyone was celebrating Love's homecoming, unknowingly intensifying my own struggle.

One day, as I walked past the bustling cafeteria, I couldn't resist stealing a glance at Freen and Love sitting together, completely engrossed in each other's world. The sight was agonizing, etching itself deep into my heart. In that moment, Freen's eyes briefly met mine, and I caught a glimpse of sympathy. However, what I longed for wasn't pity; I yearned to be the one who brought a smile to Freen's face, the one who filled her heart with joy.

Blinking back tears, I quickly averted my gaze, reminding myself that I deserved happiness too, even if it couldn't be with Freen. It took every ounce of strength to hold myself together, to resist the overwhelming emotions that threatened to consume me. Deep down, I knew I had to believe that my true love was out there, waiting for me, even if it wasn't Freen.

In that heart-wrenching moment, I stood at the crossroads of my emotions, torn between holding on and letting go. The weight of unrequited love bore down on me, threatening to shatter my resolve. But somewhere within, I knew I had to face the truth and find the courage to move on.

Turning away from the cafeteria, my heart heavy with sorrow, I made a silent vow to myself. I repeated a mantra in my mind, convincing myself that Freen's true love was Love, not me. It was a bitter truth to accept, but I needed to pave a path towards healing, strength, and my own happiness.

In that moment, with tears lingering in my eyes, I made a choice. I resolved to embark on a journey of self-discovery and growth. I knew it wouldn't be easy, and there would be moments of doubt and vulnerability. But I held onto the hope that with time, my heart would heal, and I would emerge stronger, ready to embrace a future where my own happiness took precedence.

Walking away from the cafeteria, leaving behind the painful scene that had consumed me, I suddenly felt someone grab my arms from behind. The touch was warm, gentle, much like the way Freen held me whenever I was falling apart.

"You've been alone these past few days. I heard Gulf went back to the mansion when Love arrived," it was Irin, wearing a sweet smile.

"Yes, I went back to the dorm," I replied, pain evident in my voice as I nervously played with my fingers. "I need to go. There's something I have to do."

"Wait, Becky," Irin stopped me and handed me a box. "I've been wanting to give you this, but I couldn't approach you because of what happened between you and Non. It's a necklace. I hope you like it," Irin said and smiled before turning around and walking away.

I opened the box and discovered a silver half-heart necklace, accompanied by a note.

"I know how much you're hurting, but please don't let your feelings weigh you down. You're strong, and I believe in you. Let's meet in the arena someday. You deserve recognition in this school."