Chapter 29: Hatred

"You've got to hide your love away. You can't just hide your feelings. You have to destroy them. Kill them before they kill you." - Elizabeth Eulberg

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

"We'll have to wait until tomorrow, Becky!" My father gripped my arms, urging me to stop rushing. "Today is a no-gift day, and nobody can help you if you go there now. You must wait until midnight!"

"What if the headmistress did something to them?" I inquired anxiously.

"The headmistress won't harm Freen. She was there to lure you," he reassured me.

"But she could kill Gulf and Mew!" I argued. "They mentioned that the ring contains my mother's energy and power, right? If I were to wear it, what would happen to me?"

"You'll risk death if you're not strong enough," he explained. "You need to plan thoroughly before going there!" he raised his voice again.

"I have!" I shouted back. "I'm going there to defeat the headmistress and help the students."

"That's quite a goal, Becky! You're very different from your mother. She would never engage in such reckless actions!"

"You know why? Because she grew up with a father!" I shouted, pushing him away from me.

Though it wasn't directly related, I wanted to remind him of that. After all the years he wasn't there for me and failed to support my mother during her suffering, he deserved it.

"So you think I wanted to leave you?" he asked, hurt evident in his voice.

I rolled my eyes. "I don't have time for daddy issues."

"I did it to protect you and your mother," he said.

"I know. But you could have at least spoken to us for an hour each week. You're a Pisces! You can teleport whenever you want. Why didn't you come home?" I questioned.

"I did," he lowered his head. "But I saw you two doing fine. I didn't want to cause any disruptions."

I walked past him, fed up with the unnecessary drama. I needed to return and save everyone from the headmistress who possessed my mother's ring.

Wait, can she even use it? She's not an Ophiuchus herself.

"I have a question," I paused and turned to my father. "Can the headmistress use the ring even if she's not an Ophiuchus?" I inquired.

"Yes, if she has gathered enough energy from another Ophiuchus," he replied.

That's it! She stole Seng's necklace to gather energy from me. She intends to use it tonight at midnight to obtain the abilities of the zodiacs.

The headmistress aspires to become the girl in the prophecy who will annihilate all the zodiacs. Despite being born an Aries, she desires more. She craves to make a name for herself through evil means.

I waited until midnight, and as soon as my father regained his abilities, we teleported to the entrance of EAU. Just like Freen, he was not immune to my energy, so he insisted I wear his ring.

Once we arrived, the main building stood eerily quiet. Every dormitory was silent, except for the mansion designated for the top 10 students. I hurriedly ran towards it, but my father felt I was slowing us down and grabbed my arms, teleporting us inside the mansion.

The lobby remained tranquil, until the ceiling suddenly collapsed, nearly crushing us. Thankfully, I managed to dodge it in time. I saw Nat, covered in blood, struggling to catch his breath. His lips were stained with blood, and as soon as he spotted me, he immediately stood up and locked eyes with me.

"Why are you here? You should go back to your dorm!" he shouted.

"Where's Freen?" I asked urgently.

"The headmistress took her underground. To the training field. She went there with Rank 8," he explained, swiftly running back upstairs.

"Rank 8? Non? Was he involved?" I questioned to myself.

"Go underground. I'll help your friends upstairs," Dad instructed, and I nodded. "Be careful, Becky. Remember, don't alter the prophecy. It unfolds for a reason."

I shook my head and dashed towards the underground area. I needed to stop the headmistress.

Stepping into the underground training field, my gaze was immediately drawn to the ten divided sections laid out before me. It was a vast expanse, but my attention was quickly captured by the training space of Rank 1. There, an awe-inspiring sight awaited me—a magnificent crystal tomb, the very one I had seen in my vision.

As I approached, my heart sank at the heart-wrenching scene that unfolded within the transparent walls of the tomb. Gulf and Mew, two formidable figures, lay lifeless on the ground, their bodies soaked in blood. It was a devastating sight, their once vibrant presence now extinguished.

Yet, I couldn't tear my eyes away from the depths of the crystal tomb, where Freen lay in a deep slumber. She appeared ethereal, untouched by the chaos that surrounded her. It was as if she resided in a separate realm, shielded from the destruction that ravaged the training field. A mix of awe and concern flooded through me for her well-being.

Amidst the turmoil, Non stood resolute, keeping a vigilant watch over Freen. The training space was in disarray, as if a storm had swept through, leaving chaos in its wake.

I bore witness to this heart-wrenching scene, and emotions surged within me. Sorrow gripped my heart, but so did an unwavering determination. With each step I took, my resolve strengthened. I was driven by an unyielding determination to revive Freen and mend the shattered fragments of our world.

However, Non revealed himself, staring at me with his enraged blue eyes. He was the one responsible for all of this—the one who had frozen Freen and killed the two. Why?

"Why did you do this?" I asked, my voice trembling with a mix of anger and confusion.

"Do you recognize me now?" he retorted, a smirk gracing his face.

"No. You're no longer the Non I once knew," I replied firmly.